Convoy Brest - Portugal

Question about the rules of the game? Experienced Diplomacy veterans will help you! There is also a Common Questions section.
Forum rules
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
3. Questions should only request rules be clarified and not request advice about how to resolve a situation.
4. When answering a question, members should restrict themselves to answering the question and not give advice on how to get around the situation.
Posts which break these rules will be subject to editing or removal; see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 13&t=42845

Convoy Brest - Portugal

Postby oberKGBler » 05 Jun 2019, 16:13

Hello,

I have an Army in Porugal, a Fleet in Mid-Atlantic Ocean, Portugal is empty. To my understanding I should be able to giv the fleet and the army an convoy move order to move the Army from brest to Portugal.

It works fine for the fleet, but for the Army I only have the option to convoy move to Picardy, but i could "normal" move to Portugal.

Shouldn´t be there a option to convoy move the army to portugal?

thx in advance
oberKGBler

Re: Convoy Brest - Portugal

Postby jay65536 » 05 Jun 2019, 16:28

When the ONLY way to complete your move is by convoy, you don't have to specify that the army is being convoyed. The normal move order is sufficient.
jay65536

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1120
All-game rating: 1126
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby oberKGBler » 05 Jun 2019, 16:34

Oh perfect! Thank you. :)
oberKGBler

Postby Mr.E » 05 Jun 2019, 20:48

I know this is a "How do I..?" rather than a "Should I...
?" question, and it could be hypothetical, but as a bit of guidance I think asking questions about an active game is frowned upon (and this might not be a situation in an active game, I know).

On the basis that it's a technical, or process, question and to give a little background info, fleets are the only units that can receive a convoy order. Armies are always just given a standard move order (even though that move is normally illegal ;) )
Respect neither opinions nor beliefs; only respect the person and the right to express them.
Play by the rules but be ferocious.
Mr.E
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (966)
All-game rating: (1134)
Timezone: GMT

Return to Diplomacy Rules Questions