Temporary email accounts banned.

Rules for using the site and playing on site.

Temporary email accounts banned.

Postby rick.leeds » 18 Dec 2012, 13:57

This thread has been replaced by the rules here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=659&t=43414#p748902

On the Registration page there is a note attached to the email box which says:
PlayDiplomacy does not support temporary email addresses; please use a permanent one.

There are two reasons for this:
1. New accounts need to be verified. If you use a temporary address, there is the chance that you will not be able to verify the account. Some of the services that provide temporary email addresses only supply an account that lasts a matter of minutes. If you are delayed in acting upon the verification email, your account will not be activated. This means that we have another username taken and another piece of data sat around out database doing absolutely nothing.

2. There are times when we may need to contact members. If you register with a temporary email address, we may not be able to contact you if there is an issue with your account. Because we occasionally need to receive a reply, failing to reply may be seen as grounds to close your account.

We are, therefore, going to deactivate any accounts that are set-up using a temporary email address from now on.

We already block those services which are used to register new accounts.

Use a permanent email address. If you have successfully registered using a temporary email address, change the email registered to your account. We do not share email information with others and, unless you add an email to your Forum profile, your email address will not be seen by anyone on site.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)
Timezone: GMT

Return to Site Rules