after game chat

Rules for playing on and using the site.
Forum rules
This section of the Forum is for the Site's rules.
If you have a question about how to play the game, please post in the RULES section of the Forum, not here. The site's rules for standard Dip do not substantially differ from published rules.

after game chat

Postby sarge57 » 22 Jan 2018, 07:21

Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask, and not too dumb a question.

(There's no such thing as a stupid question, ..... but they are the easiest to answer :)

When the game has finished I see an "after game chat" phrase highlighted in red, but I am not able to click on it.

Does this mean there hasn't been any chat, or am I not looking in the right place ??

Thanks in advance, Sarge
sarge57

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1199)
All-game rating: (1201)
Timezone: GMT

Re: after game chat

Postby Machiara » 22 Jan 2018, 07:27

If you go into the game you can still post in the shoutbox.
Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.

No idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered with a searching but at the same time a steady eye.

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Machiara

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1961)
All-game rating: (1992)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: after game chat

Postby super_dipsy » 22 Jan 2018, 09:14

Yeah, not the best interface ;)

The idea is when the game finishes, some people want to exchange a few friendly remarks such as "Well played France", or "It's OK Germany, I have no problem with you stabbing me", or "Russia, remind me where you live? Love to have a little chat" etc

If the status says After-Game Chat then as Machiara said, you can enter the game as usual but the only thing you can do is post in the Public Press. This lasts for 7 days. It isn't for an after-game action report (AAR) which are usually posted as threads in the forum in the AAR section. After 7 days, the game just becomes a standard finished game. One thing to be aware of is that if you have a game in AGC, then when someone posts in the Public Press you get notified just as you would when the game was live. If this is irritating, you always have the ability to cancel the AGC phase at which point you will no longer be notified or be able to add to the Public Press.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (941)
Timezone: GMT

Return to Rules for Fair Play and Fair Use