Throwing/trolling games

Rules for playing on and using the site.
Forum rules
This section of the Forum is for the Site's rules.
If you have a question about how to play the game, please post in the RULES section of the Forum, not here. The site's rules for standard Dip do not substantially differ from published rules.

Re: Throwing/trolling games

Postby TiberiusG58 » 14 Nov 2018, 14:39

I play many gunboat games, and throwing of games happens at an alarming rate. One reason I decided to play gunboat was to avoid immature, spiteful play, but I can't imagine spite is a factor in gunboat. What other explanation is there, besides cheating?

If the administrators have a chance, they might want to investigate the gunboat games.
TiberiusG58
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 989
All-game rating: 1046
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Throwing/trolling games

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 14 Nov 2018, 15:26

TiberiusG58 wrote:I play many gunboat games, and throwing of games happens at an alarming rate. One reason I decided to play gunboat was to avoid immature, spiteful play, but I can't imagine spite is a factor in gunboat. What other explanation is there, besides cheating?

If the administrators have a chance, they might want to investigate the gunboat games.

On the contrary, spite is very often a part of gunboat games, in the form of “k can’t believe you didn’t support me to X, I was so obviously trying to help you and you screwed me, now you’re gonna pay!”
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Previous

Return to Rules for Fair Play and Fair Use