Leaving a pending game?

Rules for playing on and using the site.
Forum rules
This section of the Forum is for the Site's rules.
If you have a question about how to play the game, please post in the RULES section of the Forum, not here. The site's rules for standard Dip do not substantially differ from published rules.

Leaving a pending game?

Postby SpittingGecko » 07 Apr 2016, 02:57

Hi there,

I'm new here and just joined a game. Now I'm wondering if it's actually a game anyone was intending to play (judging from the name, which suggests otherwise. Am I allowed to say what the name is on the forum?). Nobody else has joined yet and I'm the only person. How many hours/days does one wait? Are there any negative consequences for leaving a pending game?
Thanks, sorry if these are stupid questions.
"To be honest, I actually prefer ranch."
-Julius Caesar
SpittingGecko

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Leaving a pending game?

Postby V » 07 Apr 2016, 03:03

Yes, you can say game name (theoretically not if it is an anonymous player game).
Yes, you can just leave without any negative consequences.
The wait is up to a month I believe, at which time the game is deleted if not started.
Good luck finding a better one:-)
Cheers Senlac
Platinum Classicist
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.
V

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1718
All-game rating: 1754
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Olive Branch » 07 Apr 2016, 03:20

...or if it IS an Anonymous Players game you can log out of your own site account and log in to the account name Dolph Shtoss (user: dolph shtoss; password: anonymous). From this account you can post to the forum as you normally would, but nobody (apart from the Mods who can see your IP address - don't do anything stupid in this account!) can tell who has posted it. Thus, you can invite people to join Anonymous Players games without giving your identity away.

But if it's not an AP game, for sure advertise it here if you want people to join.
Olive Branch

Standard rating: (1813)
All-game rating: (1951)
Timezone: GMT+6

Postby Olive Branch » 07 Apr 2016, 03:20

Oh, and...

TheEnergySpittingGecko wrote:Are there any negative consequences for leaving a pending game?

No!
Olive Branch

Standard rating: (1813)
All-game rating: (1951)
Timezone: GMT+6

Postby SpittingGecko » 07 Apr 2016, 16:55

Thanks, that answers my questions! ;)
"To be honest, I actually prefer ranch."
-Julius Caesar
SpittingGecko

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby super_dipsy » 08 Apr 2016, 06:21

Only for completeness I thought it worth adding one more thing, because we sometimes have people confused by this.

Although there is no general penalty for unsubscribing for a Pending or Confirming game, it does mean that you will no longer be able to join the same game (unless it is a Friends or Schools game). It will actually disappear from your 'Joinable Games' view for ever more. Sometimes we have people who accidentally unsubscribe by misclicking and then they wonder why they can't see the game any more to rejoin :) .
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (941)
Timezone: GMT

Postby dezman8 » 16 May 2018, 05:10

I have one more question on this subject. If you are the creator, the only one in it and unsubscribe. Will it auto delete and you gain access to make another game or do you still have to wait the month until the create game limit of 3 is lifted?
dezman8

Standard rating: (968)
All-game rating: (970)
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby super_dipsy » 16 May 2018, 07:32

dezman8 wrote:I have one more question on this subject. If you are the creator, the only one in it and unsubscribe. Will it auto delete and you gain access to make another game or do you still have to wait the month until the create game limit of 3 is lifted?

If you are the Creator, then as long as the game is empty you will see that it has a DELETE button on the Join Game display. This allows you to delete the game. But be careful because there is a trap here. If you created the game and it is not a Friends game AND you join it, you cannot now delete it. This is because since you chose to leave, you can no longer see it on the Join page. So now you have to either wait for the 30 days or ask a Mod to delete it for you. And remember, a Mod wont delete it if the game is not empty.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

All-game rating: (941)
Timezone: GMT

Postby jlomb12 » 31 May 2018, 02:30

I just messed this up twice....before reading this post. Can I have a Mod delete? I can on longer see them...
jlomb12

Class: Diplomat
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby super_dipsy » 03 Jun 2018, 06:53

tell me the game numbers or names and I will kill them
super_dipsy
Premium Member