Daggers Highschool - a game I designed on Kickstarter

Discussion about any other games you are playing, online or offline.

Daggers Highschool - a game I designed on Kickstarter

Postby Idols » 29 May 2019, 20:40

Hi everybody! Diplomacy has had a huge influence on me, and even led me to start designing my own board games. If you like some of the same social dynamics from Diplomacy, you may want to take a quick look at this game. It is about high school students competing with each-other to get into college, and they'll bully or cheat in order to look better on the resume. Players have a lot of options in terms of strategy, and you have to manage different resources such as your friends, club leadership roles, essays, grades, teacher recs, and more.

Anyway, you can see the Kickstarter page here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/975340335/daggers-highschool. If you have some time to check it out, I'd really appreciate it! Let me know if you have any questions in the comments. Thanks!

A photo of some people playing the game:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 300 character limit.
Yes, that is the unfortunate extent of my creativity.

Idols
Idols

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1493)
All-game rating: (1730)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Daggers Highschool - a game I designed on Kickstarter

Postby CommanderTomalak » 30 May 2019, 00:25

As someone who has also loved designing board games (I've done it ever since I was a kid - though I've gotten better since then. I still have a nasty habit of prototyping rules, coming up with mechanics, and lacking commitment to finish off the job...), I'm taking a look at this: and it looks good!

I'm new to the site (joined maybe a month ago? I have trouble remembering), but Diplomacy was huge when I was growing up as well, and it's nice to see so many other people with similar interests and a similar love of designing board games. Maybe someday I'll get down and finish one of my old projects.
Then he is but the first to fall.

- Commander Tomalak, Aspiring Classicist
CommanderTomalak
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 1179
Timezone: GMT

Re: Daggers Highschool - a game I designed on Kickstarter

Postby Idols » 02 Jun 2019, 08:38

Thank you for the comment Commander Tomalak! Sorry for the late reply. I'm glad to hear that your interested in the project, and I'd love to have your support! If you end up pursuing one of your old game designs, definitely let me know.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 300 character limit.
Yes, that is the unfortunate extent of my creativity.

Idols
Idols

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1493)
All-game rating: (1730)
Timezone: GMT-6

Return to Games you Play