Anyone Play the Card Game "Wizard"?

Discussion about any other games you are playing, online or offline.

Anyone Play the Card Game "Wizard"?

Postby NatRiv » 13 Nov 2008, 09:41

I know what you're thinking, no, it's not Magic the Gathering or Pokemon cards. It's like Hearts and Spades got together and had a wacky trump card baby. It's fun.

Anyone played it?
Vaya con Dios,
Natalie

"Diplomacy is to do and say, the nastiest thing in the nicest way." Isaac Goldberg
NatRiv

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Anyone Play the Card Game "Wizard"?

Postby ryan_the_canuck » 13 Nov 2008, 16:41

Yeah, I've played it a few times. Very similar to another game known as "Blackout Bridge/Screw Your Neighbour" (probably some other names too), only difference is the extra cards.
ryan_the_canuck

Class: Ambassador
Timezone: GMT

Postby President Muffley » 18 Jan 2009, 07:00

Wizard is a great game!
It’s a favorite of my family for big get together like thanksgiving.
I actually think the most useful cards in the game are the Jesters and not the Wizards!
The need to predict how many tricks you take makes the ability to lose a trick more useful than the ability to win one (in my humble opinion).
President Muffley

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (977)
All-game rating: (977)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby NatRiv » 18 Jan 2009, 14:53

Sometimes, it's more if you can GIVE that trick to someone else and f up their bid.
Vaya con Dios,
Natalie

"Diplomacy is to do and say, the nastiest thing in the nicest way." Isaac Goldberg
NatRiv

Postby President Muffley » 18 Jan 2009, 21:57

Exactly
Ya, I would defiantly recommend it to anyone who likes card games (as well as anyone who doesn’t). Plus it’s not supper expensive (like 7-9 bucks on line.)
If I were ever to go to a Diplomacy convention/tournament I would defiantly bring a pack of Wizard cards for me and anyone else who might get knocked out before 1904.

Have you (or anyone else reading this forum) ever played Euchre (pronounced: you-ker)?
Even though they are played very differently, if you like Wizard I think you would like Euchre.

It’s a game that I grew up with and when I moved to Nevada I was surprised that no one here had ever heard of it. I swear everyone in Michigan played it!
President Muffley

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (977)
All-game rating: (977)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby NatRiv » 20 Jan 2009, 03:27

I've wanted to play it, it sounds fun, but I don't know anyone that does.

I'm looking for people to play cards with in my city but I'm young (22) so it's a bit difficult to find people who know card games (and want to play) in the college dorms besides the lesser versions of poker.
Vaya con Dios,
Natalie

NatRiv

Postby Master Radishes » 20 Jan 2009, 04:33

President Muffley wrote:Have you (or anyone else reading this forum) ever played Euchre (pronounced: you-ker)?
Even though they are played very differently, if you like Wizard I think you would like Euchre.

I love euchre. :) Never tried Wizard though.
Master Radishes

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1071)
Timezone: GMT

Postby NatRiv » 03 Mar 2009, 15:08

Games Magazine said in their glowing review, that Wizard was "Probably the most addictive family activity since eating."

Sincerely you all should look into this game. You can play it online (kind of) via downloading the program and then it runs it online, somehow. This only works if you're a non-mac user, ie if you have windows. In the next year they'll be going to a web based program which means everyone can play!

They also have a tournament this summer in Toronto and one in Indianapolis.... it's SOOO much fun. Seriously worth 800 dollars worth of damage to my car and having my ID stolen by Canadians for (what happened last year to me). The people are great it's just all around good times if you like card games.
Vaya con Dios,
Natalie

NatRiv

Postby Chrome » 30 Sep 2020, 16:17

NatRiv wrote:I know what you're thinking, no, it's not Magic the Gathering or Pokemon cards. It's like Hearts and Spades got together and had a wacky trump card baby. It's fun.

Anyone played it?

yes, I played several times, but most of all I liked the game "Whist"
The oldest game, I learned about it from one story and became very interested, having studied the rules, we always play in four
I recommend !
Oh, will we ever be set free?
Chrome

Return to Games you Play