Comments or Questions on the Classicists

An informal group of proven reliable players attempting to avoid games spoiled by missed orders.

Moderators: JonS, Buachaille, Fatmo

Re: Comments or Questions on the Classicists

Postby raphtown » 12 Oct 2010, 10:14

AndyCooke wrote:A thought occurred: the membership tiers. Do they count Forum Games (such as 1900)?
The reason that I ask is that I've completed 7 standard games and one forum game (1900 II). I'm now in another standard game (No Surrender) and a Forum game (1900 IV) (Both are Classicist games).

If the Forum Games were counted, I'd be on 10 games when these are complete (and eligible for silver). Should they be counted?

Well, seeing as I see NMRs in Forum Games as against the Classicist's core values and would take action against violations in such games, I think it is only fair that they also count towards the game total. So, just send me a link to forum games you were in when applying/upgrading membership so that I can count them.
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby BrunoVon » 16 Oct 2010, 19:13

Games with cheaters being unranked. If I were to NMR or surrender in a game that had been unranked due to suspected cheating going on, how would that affect my stats & my membership in The Classicists? RE: IS Test Game #22037. Thanks.
BrunoVon

Postby raphtown » 16 Oct 2010, 21:13

BrunoVon wrote:Games with cheaters being unranked. If I were to NMR or surrender in a game that had been unranked due to suspected cheating going on, how would that affect my stats & my membership in The Classicists? RE: IS Test Game #22037. Thanks.

As long as you tell me that you are surrendering from the game because of the cheating and that there is actually cheating going on in the game it should be all good.
raphtown

Postby BrunoVon » 17 Oct 2010, 02:18

FYI, rick.leeds unranked the game 1 hour & 18 minutes after 4 countries all surrendered at the exact same minute, at 16:24 (GMT 8), on Oct 10 (I believe). I don't know if cheating was going on or if it might still be, maybe you could confer w/ rick.leeds Thanks, Bru
BrunoVon

Postby raphtown » 17 Oct 2010, 12:47

BrunoVon wrote:FYI, rick.leeds unranked the game 1 hour & 18 minutes after 4 countries all surrendered at the exact same minute, at 16:24 (GMT 8), on Oct 10 (I believe). I don't know if cheating was going on or if it might still be, maybe you could confer w/ rick.leeds Thanks, Bru

I am willing to take your word for it, you can safely surrender from the game.
raphtown

Postby Jlet » 27 Nov 2010, 06:13

Could someone archive or delete some of the threads for games that have started? Make things a little more tidy. :)
Member of The Classicists.
Jlet

Standard rating: (1247)
All-game rating: (1248)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Jlet » 29 Dec 2010, 01:59

Has this thread died? I still think my suggestion would be a good idea. If no one wants to go through the bother to check up on the games I could do it. I think deleting the threads for games started and vanished games would save time for people looking for a game.
Jlet

Postby raphtown » 02 Jan 2011, 21:02

Jlet wrote:Has this thread died? I still think my suggestion would be a good idea. If no one wants to go through the bother to check up on the games I could do it. I think deleting the threads for games started and vanished games would save time for people looking for a game.

Nope, not dead. Just dormant because I (and many others) are on vacation. I'll take care of this eventually once I get the pile of other things I need to do out of the way, but feel free to compile a list of the ones that need to be deleted.
raphtown

Postby Jlet » 03 Jan 2011, 16:13

raphtown wrote:
Jlet wrote:Has this thread died? I still think my suggestion would be a good idea. If no one wants to go through the bother to check up on the games I could do it. I think deleting the threads for games started and vanished games would save time for people looking for a game.

Nope, not dead. Just dormant because I (and many others) are on vacation. I'll take care of this eventually once I get the pile of other things I need to do out of the way, but feel free to compile a list of the ones that need to be deleted.

Ok I'll start working on that.
Jlet

Postby dontejones » 29 Jan 2011, 20:54

Hello, all. I joined this site a couple of months ago and am in the closing stages of my 4th and 5th games. I've really been blown away by the efficiency with which the site is run and the extraordinary effort that the administrators devote to the enterprise. My only frustrations are that, in every game so far, at least one person has surrendered at a sensitive time and, in the process, distorted the game dynamics, and NMRs occur with too much frequency.

I don't purport to be a great player, but I'm an enthusiastic one, and I'll never surrender or NMR (barring some kind of real-life emergency), and I'm looking for a group of players who are similarly inclined. Based on what I've read, the Classicists appear to be exactly what I'm looking for.

Question: Is it possible for me to become a member? If so, how might I go about doing so?

Many thanks--and my apologies if this isn't the right forum for a post like this.
dontejones

Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Classicists