Rules and Original Map

5-player synthetic variant. Created by Telenoth. GM: Telenoth. Game ended with no resolution.

Rules and Original Map

Postby Telenoth » 28 Apr 2010, 20:03

DiplomacyQuickieFinal_Draft.jpg
DiplomacyQuickieFinal_Draft.jpg (102.03 KiB) Viewed 2156 times

Map Name: Long Live The Republic!
GM: Telenoth
Background:
In a land far far away, The (Once) Great Republic of Conyn, which at its height ruled all of the Southern Continent and was a great naval power and trade center, finds itself collapsing under insurrections and attacks from numerous Barbarian tribes that have come from beyond the reaches of the known world, united under one great warrior-king and bent on domination of the Republic. The historically factional nomadic tribes of the Northern Continent have united under a great Khan, and their unrivaled horsemen are ready to spread across the steppes of the northeastern city-states. The ancient kingdoms of Tarwin and Al Emira, historically rivals, now see opportunities to expand as well.

Can the once Great Republic of Conyn rise again and rule the waves and the earth? Or will the Barbarian Tribes sweep them off the map? Will the horsemen of the Northern Horde ride until there is nothing left to conquer? Or can the Ancient Kingdoms of the West unite, destroy the horde, and call the world their own?

--Or will something completely different happen? After all, this is Diplomacy!

Rules:
1) Standard Diplomacy Rules Apply, except that:
2) Only two players may share a draw.
3) 15/24 Supply Centers are needed for a solo.
4) Spring and Fall seasons are instead named Wet and Dry Seasons, respectively

Deadlines:
72/24/24

Starting Year:
Wet Season 321

Initial Builds:

Kingdom of Tarwin:
A Bab
F Twi
F ThM

Kingdom of Al Emira:
A Ale
F Ali
F Ala

The Northern Horde:
A Del
A Tor
A Bos

The Great Republic of Conyn
A FYI
F Con
F Sar
A Ora

Barbarian Tribes:

F Shi
A Kyo
A Yan

Currently Signed Up:

1. TheYank -- Kingdom of Al Emira -- CONFIRMED
2. superplayer -- Barbarian Tribes -- CONFIRMED
3. edhooton -- The Great Republic of Conyn -- CONFIRMED
4. mat.gopack -- Kingdom of Tarwin -- CONFIRMED
5. Albinobadger -- The Northern Horde -- CONFIRMED
Escape The House! - A Unique Forum Game Variant - http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=13450 -- Game is in Confirmations!
Telenoth

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Rules and Original Map

Postby TheYank » 28 Apr 2010, 20:16

Question. Does VIE touch ANA?
Winner of Greed!
Come watch Renaissance Diplomacy! See our sub-forum for more info.
Silver member of The Classicists.
TheYank

Class: Diplomat

Postby AlphaActive » 28 Apr 2010, 20:27

Hey Telenoth how did u come up with this map? Are the places based on a book or something or did you make it up yourself? Just curious; looks like you've done good job!
Beware: It's Nucciliar.

I can't host new games of Fable Diplomacy for a year or so but if someone else is willing to I can give advice and names (meaning a few interested player candidates).

If I do or say something stupid that's coz I'm Swedish.
AlphaActive

Location: Finland, we migth not have an SC but we have Father Christmas instead, suckers!
Class: Diplomat
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Telenoth » 28 Apr 2010, 21:59

TheYank wrote:Question. Does VIE touch ANA?

Yes it does.. actually from this point back to when I first posted here, I've been working on a new clearer map to play the game with. I'm happy to say that I've just finished it and will be posting it shortly. It's hastily done, so the countries' shapes may be different, but all of the shared borders and links between spaces are the same, so don't worry too much about the different look. It GENERALLY looks the same too; you'll see what I'm talking about.
Escape The House! - A Unique Forum Game Variant - http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=13450 -- Game is in Confirmations!
Telenoth

Postby Telenoth » 28 Apr 2010, 22:00

AlphaActive wrote:Hey Telenoth how did u come up with this map? Are the places based on a book or something or did you make it up yourself? Just curious; looks like you've done good job!

Actually I just made it up from scratch; it's based on nothing. Thanks for the compliment! :)
Telenoth

Postby Telenoth » 28 Apr 2010, 22:01

Here's the new map, check it out:

Republic_Final.png
Republic_Final.png (131.62 KiB) Viewed 2127 times
Telenoth

Return to Long Live The Republic {All Maps Lost}