World Diplomacy Championship Begins Friday! How to Watch?

Looking for a Diplomacy game in your neighbourhood? Meet members from your area!

World Diplomacy Championship Begins Friday! How to Watch?

Postby Conq » 03 Oct 2018, 15:37

The World Diplomacy Championship 2018, hosted by the Potomac Tea and Knife Society in Washington DC, begins Friday morning, October 5. Details here.

It's actually not too late to sign up and play some Diplomacy, if that's your thing. We have around 15 or so entrants from the Playdip community already, which should add an interesting dynamic.

If you would like to follow along, or spectate in some way, the event will be covered live on ESPN2 I don't actually know how you would do that.

I do recall that last year as a non-attendee, I was pretty interested to hear about what was going on in Oxford (WDC 2017). Thought I'd post this here for discussion of how one might follow the chronicles of their favorite diplomacy champions (Playdip-affiliated and otherwise). If nothing else, this would be a fine place for attendees to share information with each other and the greater Playdip community.
Last edited by Conq on 03 Oct 2018, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
Conq
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2437
All-game rating: 2578
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: World Diplomacy Championship Begins Friday! How to Watch

Postby kimpossible » 03 Oct 2018, 17:32

My personal habit is to photograph my board with my iPad after each turn so I can carry it into negotiations. I might do my own news thread for each board. It would be fun! I can spoiler tag all the images so they aren't monster posts.
Aspiring Member of the Classicists!
Proudly part of the ftf tournament community

Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness

Her?
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: World Diplomacy Championship Begins Friday! How to Watch

Postby Fatmo » 03 Oct 2018, 17:35

I’ll take whatever I can get. Thought I might be able to go until a few weeks ago. I’d love to know how things go. I think lots of people not going are at least intrigued. I’m definitely going to try to make my first tournament next year.

Hope everyone has a good time.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.
Fatmo
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Return to Face-to-Face