Any Midwest USA Players

Looking for a Diplomacy game in your neighbourhood? Meet members from your area!

Any Midwest USA Players

Postby Tarsier » 28 Jul 2017, 17:24

I don't recall seeing an actual call-out to USA Midwest players for a f2f. Thought I'd toss it out there. I have a couple friends who would be up for it nearby (not current members online), and wondering if there are enough to put together a game. It's been about a decade since I've played f2f.

I'm in Missouri, myself.
Tarsier

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (2018)
All-game rating: (2105)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Any Midwest USA Players

Postby Iggy » 28 Jul 2017, 17:50

I'm in Indianapolis and have tried to see what I could find on-line in various formats. The best I have found so far is a group that plays regularly in Chicago but a 3 hour one way commute is pushing it a bit. Have a few friends that have expressed an interest but we've never gotten fully organized to do so.
Iggy

Standard rating: (1187)
All-game rating: (1259)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Talleyrand. » 28 Jul 2017, 19:44

I'm in Detroit.
Talleyrand.

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby GregorV » 28 Jul 2017, 19:56

I'm also from Indianapolis, and would have some interest in getting a f2f thing together. I'll also be at GenCon, so there's that.
I got left with nothin' but a Penny, so I had to do it the Hardaway.

What is Mafia? It is a never ending time sink where seemingly trivial inconsequential passing comments are often portrayed as cast iron proof of guilt. Run away backs rather whilst you still can. For me, there is no hope.
GregorV

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1080)
All-game rating: (1101)

Postby AngelEyesGBU » 28 Jul 2017, 21:31

Hey Tarsier, Iggy, GregorV, and Talleyrand,

Add http://www.WindyCityWeasels.org to your Favorites list and:

• sign up, even if you're only rarely in Chicago, just to keep up with Midwest FTF hobby news;

• let us know through [email protected] if and when you're coming to town, and we'll let you know if we have an FTF game available while you're here;

• if you are trying to get a multi-table event going in MO, IN, MI, or elsewhere in the Midwest, let us know, we'll publicize it, and we may send some Weasels your way.
That's already happened with some events in Wisconsin and (I believe) Ohio.

Cheerio,
AngelEyesGBU
Gold member of the Classicists
Angel Eyes: But you know the pity is when I'm paid, I always follow my job through.
Tuco: When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
Blondie: You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
AngelEyesGBU

Standard rating: (1074)
All-game rating: (1059)

Postby Iggy » 28 Jul 2017, 21:45

GregorV wrote:I'm also from Indianapolis, and would have some interest in getting a f2f thing together. I'll also be at GenCon, so there's that.

I won't be. Actually leaving town that weekend this year. Sounds like it will be nuts this year being the 50th year and all. A lot of it is sold out and has been for awhile.
Iggy

Postby Iggy » 28 Jul 2017, 21:46

AngelEyesGBU wrote:Hey Tarsier, Iggy, GregorV, and Talleyrand,

• sign up, even if you're only rarely in Chicago, just to keep up with Midwest FTF hobby news;

• let us know through [email protected] if and when you're coming to town, and we'll let you know if we have an FTF game available while you're here;

• if you are trying to get a multi-table event going in MO, IN, MI, or elsewhere in the Midwest, let us know, we'll publicize it, and we may send some Weasels your way.

Cheerio,
AngelEyesGBU

I'll sign up... this is what I was referencing above. I've seen it and have toyed with the idea of trying to find an excuse to go up to a game at some point. I've perused some postings from the group and seems like a great opportunity to play. One day I will make it to an event, just not sure how long that will take.
Iggy

Postby Tarsier » 28 Jul 2017, 22:04

AngelEyesGBU wrote:Hey Tarsier, Iggy, GregorV, and Talleyrand,

Cheerio,
AngelEyesGBU

Oh great. I know it is a ways off, but I'll be in Chicago the week after Easter ... in 2019! So, we have a year and a half to get a game organized. I'll sign up, for sure.
Tarsier

Standard rating: (2018)
All-game rating: (2105)

Postby DQ » 29 Jul 2017, 03:15

I also know of players in western Kentucky, and the CABS- Columbus area board gaming group - have been known to play diplomacy.

@Carebear, do you know if Haver is on these boards? He's my non-Chicago/ non-Denver Midwest contact
Stab you soon!
DQ

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1062)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Carebear » 29 Jul 2017, 09:57

DQ wrote:@Carebear, do you know if Haver is on these boards? He's my non-Chicago/ non-Denver Midwest contact

To my knowledge, he is not. He used to be very much against online play.

It has been a while, but despite having Diplomacy players, I do not recall a game of Diplomacy ever being played at CABS.

The only game in my memory was after Haver left CABS.
You can have my last supply center, when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Spam Ambassador Wannabe

Officially Sanctioned Site Gadfly (meaning the negative kind of sanction)
Carebear

Standard rating: (1573)
All-game rating: (1589)
Timezone: GMT+8

Next

Return to Face-to-Face