Possible to force a draw?

New to the game? New to the site? Wanting to find a mentor game? Have a look here.

Moderator: WHSeward

Possible to force a draw?

Postby baseballbob » 14 Mar 2017, 22:55

Hello,

I'm currently playing Italy in game 126727. We have a stalemate line drawn up to prevent an English solo, but England will not agree to the draw. England has chosen to pull his units away from the line and says that he will not draw the game unless we start fighting each other. Each other player has stated in public chat that they only want the draw and to move on. To prove this each of the other players have only made defensive hold position orders for the last few turns. We have also been finalising our orders and England has just stated that he will continue to reject the draw and intends to never finalise orders to make the game drag on as long as possible. My question is if there is a way that moderators can step in and force the draw.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I couldn't find another forum that seemed to fit.

Thank you!
baseballbob

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1261)
All-game rating: (1264)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Possible to force a draw?

Postby WHSeward » 14 Mar 2017, 23:06

This is an OK place for the question. It sounds as if your game might be a candidate for one our site's house rules, the Deadlocked Game Procedure. Take a look at that link, and if you think your game qualifies, send me a PM with the game number and I'll take a look for you.
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1633
All-game rating: 1647
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Possible to force a draw?

Postby baseballbob » 14 Mar 2017, 23:28

Thanks for the quick response and the link! We aren't at three full years of deadlocked yet but I'll PM you when we are.
baseballbob

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1261)
All-game rating: (1264)
Timezone: GMT

Return to PlayDip Academy