Change to finalize orders

This is where we inform about development updates.

Change to finalize orders

Postby super_dipsy » 18 Jun 2016, 18:00

Since we moved to the new server, there have been a handful of games where a Build phase has been skipped. While I cannot be sure of the cause, I know what triggers it; it is when someone clicks finalize orders just after the game has processed. This could be for example when someone is rushing to get orders in when the timer is on 0. Or it could be when there is only one person to act and they double-click finalize or something.

While I can't say what the underlying reason is, I have put a belt and braces measure in to stop it happening again (hopefully). It only happens when the finalize is clicked actually while the phase is finishing processing but before it is completely finished. What I have done is made finalize unable to end the phase unless there is at least 3 minutes elapsed since the last one. If there is less (such as the double click scenario) then the finalize will work BUT the phase will not end.

There is an exception; this check is not made in Live games (for obvious reasons). If by any chance you find that for example you are the only one with an action (eg a Retreat) and you are logged on when the Retreat phase starts and you want to finalize immediately, you will need to wait 3 minutes and then finalize. You can tell if it falls int he 3 min window because the timer wont go to 0.

But in the vast majority of cases, this new change (as long as I haven't screwed it up, which is always possible ;) ) should be transparent.
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (956)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Change to finalize orders

Postby Slobovanius » 08 Sep 2016, 12:42

In my case, only a surrendered power had a retreat order. I finalized in order for the game to proceed. But it was in the three-minute period, and the game did not proceed. The problem is: I cannot enter a new order and finalize again. And I have to wait until the deadline expires for the game to proceed - apparently nobody else bothers to finalize.
Slobovanius

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Re: Change to finalize orders

Postby super_dipsy » 08 Sep 2016, 16:54

bad luck :( . Maybe someone else will finalize, otherwise you have to wait I'm afraid.
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (956)

Return to Developments