РАСПАД (Dissolution) Playtest - 10/10 (Observers Welcome)

Created and GM'ed by Nopunin10did. A 10 player variant set in Europe and the Mid-East just after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Optional rules available for currying the favor of Nuclear States (nuclear weapons however remain unavailable).

Moderator: Morg

Re: РАСПАД: Dissolution Playtest (2/10, Starts in April)

Postby norlight » 18 Feb 2017, 15:35

That would be correct from historical perspective, but probably not really good from playing point of view.
Especially given that in a couple of years Ukraine should become a non-nuclear power

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
norlight
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (2046)
All-game rating: (2185)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 18 Feb 2017, 16:07

norlight wrote:I'd like to play too

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Absolutely.
NoPunIn10Did
Gold Classicist & Benevolent Tyrant

Variant GM, Designer & Collaborator
NoPunIn10Did
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 1291
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 18 Feb 2017, 16:13

Calavera wrote:I would like to play this, too. One question regarding the powers - since the game starts in 1992, shouldn't Ukraine be a nuclear power?

Hi! Is this your first time doing Play-by-Forum? It looks like you've played quite a few games on the web interface, though with a number of surrenders.

What other variant Diplomacy games have you played? What interests you about this one?
NoPunIn10Did

NoPunIn10Did
Premium Member

Re: РАСПАД: Dissolution Playtest (4/10, Starts in April)

Postby ken31415 » 18 Feb 2017, 18:14

Hello, I've never played play-by-forum, but this game sounds very interesting and includes some of the variants that I imagine when playing "regular" diplomacy. Please put me down as a reserve for now until I see if I think I can handle this play-by-forum method.

Regards,
-Ken
ken31415

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (949)
All-game rating: (954)

Postby Calavera » 19 Feb 2017, 18:14

nopunin10did wrote:
Calavera wrote:I would like to play this, too. One question regarding the powers - since the game starts in 1992, shouldn't Ukraine be a nuclear power?

Hi! Is this your first time doing Play-by-Forum? It looks like you've played quite a few games on the web interface, though with a number of surrenders.

What other variant Diplomacy games have you played? What interests you about this one?

I'm interested in the topic since I live in one of CIS countries, though not one you can play. Indeed, I had a number of surrenders before I dropped this game for a couple of years - but if you look at my later games, I no longer surrender or NMR in general - maybe grew up a bit
Calavera
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1002)
All-game rating: (1098)
Timezone: GMT+3

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 19 Feb 2017, 23:10

Calavera wrote:
nopunin10did wrote:

I'm interested in the topic since I live in one of CIS countries, though not one you can play. Indeed, I had a number of surrenders before I dropped this game for a couple of years - but if you look at my later games, I no longer surrender or NMR in general - maybe grew up a bit

Okay, thanks for answering! I'll put you on the list. Let me know if you have any questions as you're reading over the rules.
NoPunIn10Did

NoPunIn10Did
Premium Member

Re: РАСПАД (Dissolution) Playtest - 5/10, Starts in April

Postby UsernamePending » 23 Feb 2017, 17:40

I didn't see this addressed in the rules, but that might've just been me being blind. Do the nuclear powers' orders prevent retreats like a bounce usually would?
I'm just a nob that played Diplomacy as a kid. Don't mind me. No, I don't have 17 centers. Don't look at me like that.
UsernamePending

Standard rating: 1010
All-game rating: 1021
Timezone: GMT

Postby norlight » 23 Feb 2017, 17:47

UsernamePending wrote:I didn't see this addressed in the rules, but that might've just been me being blind. Do the nuclear powers' orders prevent retreats like a bounce usually would?

I think this part from the rules answers your question:
"If a stationary unit's move order bounces in an otherwise uncontested province, that province is not an eligible retreat location during the subsequent Retreat phase."

Given that Nuclear powers' units are stationary, the answer is Yes, they prevent retreats.
norlight
Premium Member

Standard rating: (2046)
All-game rating: (2185)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby UsernamePending » 23 Feb 2017, 19:59

norlight wrote:
UsernamePending wrote:I didn't see this addressed in the rules, but that might've just been me being blind. Do the nuclear powers' orders prevent retreats like a bounce usually would?

I think this part from the rules answers your question:
"If a stationary unit's move order bounces in an otherwise uncontested province, that province is not an eligible retreat location during the subsequent Retreat phase."

Given that Nuclear powers' units are stationary, the answer is Yes, they prevent retreats.

Thanks, didn't see that.
I'm just a nob that played Diplomacy as a kid. Don't mind me. No, I don't have 17 centers. Don't look at me like that.
UsernamePending

Standard rating: 1010
All-game rating: 1021

Re: РАСПАД (Dissolution) Playtest - 7-ish/10, Starts in Apri

Postby ColonelApricot » 24 Feb 2017, 00:04

Hi NoPun:

I would like to participate in the Dissolution Playtest. You will find my Dip consistency record to be clean. In PbF I played in the recent 16 player Chaos game also without any blemish.

The game design seems complex and interesting. If I can be included that would be much appreciated.
Ethiopia in Dissolution
GRU of the Despicables
ColonelApricot
Premium Member

Standard rating: 979
All-game rating: 1395

PreviousNext

Return to Dissolution