SUBSTITUTE feature

INFORMATION ONLY. Site features.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for information only. Please post any questions in the appropriate sections of the Forum.
Questions on rules of the game - Rules Questions
Questions on site functions - in the main Information Forum

SUBSTITUTE feature

Postby super_dipsy » 29 Sep 2012, 07:46

When you list your active games, you will see a new line below the deadlines and exceptions for each game,
Name a substitute

The purpose is to allow you to hand your game over to a named substitute if you have to be away temporarily. Once your substitute accepts and takes over the game, that sub will now be playing as YOU (in other words any points, surrenders, game statistics will be yours). The only exception is that if the Sub does not submit orders (NMRs) for a phase then that counts against the Sub. So ONLY CHOOSE SOMEONE YOU TRUST ;) . Might be embarrassing if your Sub immediately surrenders you :o. Note that because the substitute has participated in the game, all the normal rules restricting rejoining apply once the substitute is replaced / leaves.

Here is how it works.

1. Click on the Name a Substitute line as shown above, that appears underneath the deadline section of the game in Active Games
2. Provide the sub name - you cannot choose anyone who has ever been involved in the game, or someone who cannot play that type of game (eg trying to select a non-premium Sub for a variant game)
3. If you make a mistake, or you change your mind before the Sub takes the game, you will see the Name Sub line becomes an option to cancel.
4. You can continue to play the game up to the point your Sub takes it over

5. At the point you name your Sub, the Sub will now see your game pop up in his or her own Active Games list
6. There is an option (under the deadlines section) in RED if the sub wants to REJECT the sub request
7. Otherwise, if the sub clicks on the game then immediately the sub takes the game over

8. When you are ready to take, go to Active Games. Your game is still there, although the player list will show you are being subbed. Under the deadlines section there is now an option to take your game back. Clicking on this removes the substitute and puts you back in the game as normal.

Now you can thank your kind sub profusely for getting you into a fabulous position and helping you win the game :D

A final word for the other players in the game. The following will let you know what is going on
- When a Sub takes over, there will be a message posted in the Public Press to that effect
- While the Sub is active, the game description will list that the original player is being subbed by the new player
- When the original player returns, there will be another announcement to let you all know what is going on
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Ambassador
Rating: (921)
Timezone: GMT

Re: New SUBSTITUTE feature

Postby sinnybee » 29 Sep 2012, 11:11

Way to go, dipsy.
sinnybee

Rating: (1714)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby awfulthings » 29 Sep 2012, 17:27

I'm trying to think of something us high-rankers can "rent" ourselves out for with this feature. Karma points?
awfulthings

Rating: (1805)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby BennyG » 29 Sep 2012, 19:21

^^^Great idea. I'm good for $5 per season. No charge build and destroy rounds. If I end up getting you a solo, it's an extra $25. If I lose, it's only $15. :)
"Men go to war not because they hate what is in front of them, but because they love what is behind them."
BennyG

Class: Star Ambassador
Rating: (1511)

Postby diplomat42 » 30 Sep 2012, 00:58

awfulthings wrote:I'm trying to think of something us high-rankers can "rent" ourselves out for with this feature. Karma points?

Ahh...devious. But I'm sure Craw would hammer you. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Glorious Nation of the Himalaya et.al in CYOC.
Classicist, Whippersnapper.

Generation 32 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

JOIN CITY-STATES AND ZOMBIES!
IT WILL BE OFF THE CHAIN
diplomat42

Class: Diplomat
Rating: (1366)

Postby TheCraw » 30 Sep 2012, 04:07

diplomat42 wrote:
awfulthings wrote:I'm trying to think of something us high-rankers can "rent" ourselves out for with this feature. Karma points?

Ahh...devious. But I'm sure Craw would hammer you. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Nahh, he'll NEVER find out.
Account closed.
TheCraw

Rating: (935)
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Playing on Site