The New Member's Guide to the Forum

Please introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better!

The New Member's Guide to the Forum

Postby AlphaTangoEcho » 29 Dec 2009, 19:28

Dear New Member,

Welcome to PlayDiplomacy.com! It's great to have you. Please create a new thread and post an introduction for yourself here in the "players" forum so we can get to know you.

I would also like to point out to you some of the highlights of this Forum.

Games- In the "Games" Forum, you can find many things, but mainly advertisements for new games. Games that are posted there, especially those that require a password, tend to involve more reliable players than normal public games. With more reliable players, games tend to be of better quality.

Forum Games- While games on the site have a few variants of Diplomacy available to premium members, in the "Forum Games" forum, we have quite a few community-run and community- maintained variants of Diplomacy available to all. Check it out!

Suggestions- Have a suggestion to make the site better? In the "Suggestions" forum, Avalanche, this site's owner, would love to hear it.

Diplomacy Lore- In the "Diplomacy," "Strategy," and "Rules" forums, you can discuss Diplomacy, strategy, and the rules of the game. Especially if you are a first time player, there are some great resources in these forums.

Debates- In the "Debates" Forum, serious topics are discussed. From Politics, to Religion, to some topics slightly more absurd, no stone is left unturned. Probably the most famous thread on this forum, "Debates" currently has a Creationism/Evolution debate that, when finally finished after 2 1/2 years of debate, spanned 1,621 posts! Several people have commented about how the debates on this forum of a higher quality than those found on other forums.

Chatroom- While not necessarily on the forum, several members of the community maintain an IRC chatroom, located here. This chat is particularly active around 8 to 9 PM Eastern time. For easier access, click on the "Chat" tab on the main site page. The Chatroom is also used to support live Diplomacy games and live Mafia games.

Again, Welcome to the site, Enjoy yourself, and Have Fun!

-AlphaTangoEcho and the Community of PlayDip.com
Last edited by AlphaTangoEcho on 06 Jan 2011, 02:13, edited 6 times in total.
Moderator of Mafia

And she had to apologize at once for her voice, which was a very unfair voice for a woman to use. Her voice was a warm, luminous, timeless melody.
AlphaTangoEcho

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: The New Member's Guide to the Forum

Postby AlphaTangoEcho » 08 Jan 2010, 05:38

Can this get stickied?

I just had to point out the forum games section to the third person in the last two weeks.
Moderator of Mafia

And she had to apologize at once for her voice, which was a very unfair voice for a woman to use. Her voice was a warm, luminous, timeless melody.
AlphaTangoEcho

Postby Pedros » 08 Jan 2010, 19:25

AlphaTangoEcho wrote:Can this get stickied?

I just had to point out the forum games section to the third person in the last two weeks.

Hi ATE - PM Vlammes and Ava
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Neutrophil » 09 Dec 2010, 05:09

I'm a new member looking forward to play - although it seems there are no games avaialbe at present and the server seems to be down in the chat area. Is this a Wikileaks collateral damage? :?: Is there a waiting list of some type to sign up for the next game session? :?:
If you don't know where you're going any road will get you there.
Neutrophil

Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Pedros » 09 Dec 2010, 16:06

Hi Neutrophil .

Problem was that the site was down. All back now - you've probably found it - but there are nearly 500 games signing up at present.

A lot of them will be for premium players only because of the options - check 'Regular, Classic, non-Speed' to find ones suitable for you as a non-premium player.

Enjoy!
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)

Postby Mr. Rieper » 03 Jan 2011, 14:48

Hello.
"...doing many calculations lead to victory, and few calculations to defeat how much more no calculation at all! It is by attention to this point that I can foresee who is likely to win or lose" Sun Tzu.
Mr. Rieper

Standard rating: (976)
All-game rating: (974)

Postby TheCraw » 03 Jan 2011, 17:03

AlphaTangoEcho wrote:Can this get stickied?

Great! Now I don't have to greet new players any more, ever again, at all....
Account closed.
TheCraw

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (935)

Postby The SHIV » 03 Jan 2011, 17:51

So, I guess that means you have absolutely no purpose in life! :o Now what'cha gonna do? :D
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's an Admirals Cheesehead! Go Pack!
The SHIV
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1186
All-game rating: 1304

Postby TheCraw » 03 Jan 2011, 23:39

rshivy wrote:So, I guess that means you have absolutely no purpose in life! :o Now what'cha gonna do? :D

Well, I could always go back to shoveling... er, working with horses. :oops:
Account closed.
TheCraw

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (935)

Postby chrisman39 » 22 Jan 2011, 00:38

I think that you're more like this guy:
You still have a chance!!!
PS: thanks for the advice!
chrisman39