Hi!

Please introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better!

Hi!

Postby cake_defender » 12 Oct 2017, 03:29

Hey guys, I heard about Diplomacy a few years ago and have tried to get my friends to agree to play it multiple times, and now that it looks like it might actually happen, I am trying to get some experience on here so I can actually be solid on the rules before we all play together. I'm excited to finally be able to play this game! :D
cake_defender

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Hi!

Postby Jack007 » 14 Oct 2017, 11:24

I noticed nobody is answering your posting to say you hello and welcome, so I'm going to fill the gap, if you dare to content yourself with my humble self. Welcome to Playdiplomacy, dear Mr cake_defender. This is the best online Diplomacy site you can find, as it is both for the beginner wanting to learn the rules and strategies, but also for the expert wanting to meet and challenge the best players of the world. (And all between them.)

I could recommend you reading the rules section of the website, or you might join one of the regularly starting mentor games, or you can ask everything on the forum. You may join games, be it friends games or ranked games, or you can setup your own game. Just remember, when playing on the site, that you should never surrender or abandon a game. NEVER. So, before joining or starting a game, think well if you can play it out till the bitter end. :)

Anyway, I guess you knew this all before, so please ignore my good advice. I'm looking forward to have you here, and maybe we'll soon battle eachother at the European Theater.

No prisoners! :shock:
Jack007 (3 Stars) stripped off all medals by the admiralty partially rehabilitated
Member of the Honorables
Singer of the Praises

There is no greater solitude than the samurai's, unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
- Bushido (The book of the samurais)
Jack007
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1193
All-game rating: 1546
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby cake_defender » 16 Oct 2017, 03:18

Thanks for the reply!

I joined a game and have been loving it so far. During the very first turn I thought that the game was going to be really slow, but once you get past the first turn it goes much faster than you expect. It is really fun but also instantly stressful, which makes it intense. And, you can come back multiple times a day to read messages and reevaluate your moves, so there's almost always something to do if you have time. I really like this game so far, so I'm glad I finally made an account and started playing.
cake_defender

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby joe92 » 16 Oct 2017, 10:20

Welcome! Always great to hear another new player liking the game. See you in a game.
Designer: Modern Extended
GM'ing: ModEx

Platinum Classicist

Northumbria in Heptarchy 14
joe92
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1097
All-game rating: 1633

Return to Players