gsmx: Undisputed KING of Online Diplomacy

Please introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better!

Re: gsmx: Undisputed KING of Online Diplomacy

Postby gsmx » 12 Sep 2017, 03:54

Oh shoot, don't tell me somebody else has done even better then a 1st and marginal second place standing in two sites at the same time?? Well that was a dissappointingly short lived run, damn you evolution!

So who was this mysterious superstar with the better portfolio of accolades anyways?
The first quality that is needed is audacity.
gsmx
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2172
All-game rating: 2574
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Conq » 12 Sep 2017, 06:51

gsmx wrote:Oh shoot, don't tell me somebody else has done even better then a 1st and marginal second place standing in two sites at the same time?? Well that was a dissappointingly short lived run, damn you evolution!

So who was this mysterious superstar with the better portfolio of accolades anyways?

Ah, I see, you're bragging about your webdiplomacy.net rank on its unofficial "ghost ratings list," which according to the "ghost rating list" itself is "an unofficial rating system developed by TheGhostmaker as an alternative to points," and you're suggesting that ranking well on that other website's unofficial rating system developed by some guy is equivalent to my first-place ranking on Playdiplomacy's official Standard and All Games rating systems.

Truly sorry for the interruption. And sorry to suggest any dispute about what you contend is "undisputed." Carry on.
Conq
Premium Member

Standard rating: 2420
All-game rating: 2594

Postby Conq » 12 Sep 2017, 06:57

Also, CALL MODS, it's hard to tell who is the "undisputed KING" around here on the forum. Do you think you could add each player's "unofficial ghost rating list" position from "www.webdiplomacy.net" below their avatar so that player's aren't mislead by all these official Playdiplomacy "statistics"?
Conq
Premium Member

Postby gsmx » 12 Sep 2017, 08:21

It didn't say Undisputed King of one specific site, checked off that box years ago to the point of getting bored with it. Hence the task to become Undisputed King of Online Diplomacy (all).

I searched far and wide in order to challenge the greatest online player there ever was, until one day i finally found him ...

How's that parade coming by the way?
gsmx
Premium Member

Postby Tarsier » 15 Sep 2017, 13:04

I am going to step in and defend GSMX here against Conq's attacks. In my one and only game at webdip, a game designed for top players from that site and this site, he played a fierce game, immediately beating me (Turkey) down to one remaining unit, which sat in the water while Russia occupied my last center.

I then fought my way back to take a solo in the game, while GSMX was either the first or second person eliminated from this Top Players game, but other than that ...

The game truly proved he is the undisputed KING!
Tarsier

Standard rating: 2008
All-game rating: 2100
Timezone: GMT

Postby gsmx » 15 Sep 2017, 17:35

Now that i think about it I think i lost that game the same way i lost my first game against Conq, which was Charlie playing an amazing game but then doing something crazy that ended up in somebody else's solo. I think Charlie may be my achilles heel.

That was a pretty epic comeback though Tarsier, i reference it often when hearing players whining about how they don't see a point in trying anymore after getting stabbed down to 4-5 centers. Wish all players had your fighting spirit.
gsmx
Premium Member

Postby Tarsier » 15 Sep 2017, 18:16

gsmx wrote:Now that i think about it I think i lost that game the same way i lost my first game against Conq, which was Charlie playing an amazing game but then doing something crazy that ended up in somebody else's solo. I think Charlie may be my achilles heel.

That was a pretty epic comeback though Tarsier, i reference it often when hearing players whining about how they don't see a point in trying anymore after getting stabbed down to 4-5 centers. Wish all players had your fighting spirit.

You're overlooking the obvious here, which is that in both games, you played against opponents who were able to unlock Charlie's psychological defenses and steer him into doing something crazy that ruined your game.
Tarsier

Postby gsmx » 15 Sep 2017, 21:04

True, although I don't think it's a difficult steer. He's a big gamble/"if it's fun go for it" kinda player. Some times it works out and sometimes it implodes in glorious fashion. Either way it's usually quiet a show to see (albeit frustrating in the moment).

I think that and Conqs public press solo were my favourite games that I either wasn't a winner or participant in.
Last edited by gsmx on 16 Sep 2017, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.
gsmx
Premium Member

Re: gsmx: Unofficial Ghost-Rated KING of Online Diplomacy

Postby Tarsier » 15 Sep 2017, 21:13

gsmx wrote:True, although I don't think it's a difficult steer. He's a big gamble/"if it's fun go for it" kinda player. Some times it works out and sometimes it implodes in glorious fashion. Either way it's usually quite a show to see (albeit frustrating in the moment).

I think that and Conqs public press solo were my favourite games that I either wasn't a winner or participant in.

I guess I agree. Anyone who likes to tell stories about peeing all over himself in the back of van is probably easily manipulated.

BTW, I see Conq convinced you to change the thread title?
Tarsier

Re: gsmx: Unofficial Ghost-Rated KING of Online Diplomacy

Postby Conq » 15 Sep 2017, 21:51

I still don't think the thread title makes sense.

How about:

gsmx: Undisputed SECOND BEST player of Online Diplomacy
Conq
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Players