Hello!

Please introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better!

Hello!

Postby Lolloboing » 17 Jun 2017, 13:41

Hi everyone! Here's Lolloboing, but you can call me Lollo, for short.
For the most part of my life (even though, don't get me wrong, I'm just 17 XD) i haven't been aware of the existence of Diplomacy, probably because, at least here in Italy, it was not that popular. But I have always been interested in board-strategy games, such as chess and Risk (Risiko in Italy), although they always felt to me the first too strict and, in some sense, too deep and complicated; the second too random (lost 20 units against 3... damn you Eastern Australia!).
But then, about a year ago, i found the balance in Diplomacy, and had a blast. I tried playing a couple of games with my group of friends, which went fairly well, but then it soon became pretty boring for some of them,who left, and we never found the replacements.
And so, here i am, a little noobie who knows the rules, some basic strategies and only has a couple of games on his back, but definetely wants to improve and have fun with some other Diplomats like him.
Wanted to join a mentor game, although the list seems pretty long and in some sense i already know how to play, so I'm going in an Unranked right off the bat and see how it goes from there.
Just try not to devour me immediatly, maybe? Please? XD
Well, it was much longer than i wanted it to be, but it's finally over. Hope to see you on the battlefield... or rather, in the diplomatic room!
Lolloboing

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Hello!

Postby Jack007 » 17 Jun 2017, 15:06

Hi Lollo, and welcome to the Playdiplomacy site, where you will find new friends, and lose them again soon, depending your stabbing talents... :mrgreen:

May I ask you, where in Italy you are located?

Cheers.. Jack
Jack007 (3 Stars)
Member of the Honorables
Singer of the Praises

There is no greater solitude than the samurai's, unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
- Bushido (The book of the samurais)
Jack007
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1183
All-game rating: 1551
Timezone: GMT

Postby Lolloboing » 17 Jun 2017, 16:52

Thanks for your interest, Jack!
I come from a region in the central part of Italy called Umbria (oombrya), more specifically from a city called Perugia (perooja). It's not a very famous part of Italy, but very beautiful indeed. People here use to refer to it as "Italy's green heart". Why did you ask? Ever been to Italy before?
Lolloboing

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Jack007 » 17 Jun 2017, 19:18

I have been in Italy many times, and know the country quite well. I have been in Perugia, too. Curiously enough I have never met an Italian Diplomacy player, so far. But this is going to change now, with you. :) Benvenuto!
Jack007 (3 Stars)
Member of the Honorables
Singer of the Praises

There is no greater solitude than the samurai's, unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
- Bushido (The book of the samurais)
Jack007
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1183
All-game rating: 1551

Postby DeMize Mauler » 06 Aug 2017, 18:45

Hi ! I played Diplomacy over 30 years ago in college. I just started playing again the last year or so when attending a couple of gaming conventions. This is my first foray into online Diplomacy. I'm looking forward to some fun and challenging games.
DeMize Mauler

Standard rating: 973
All-game rating: 973

Return to Players