Map Swap

Suggestions on improving the site or comments in general?

Map Swap

Postby Hybrid » 11 Sep 2017, 20:38

Quick suggestion:

Would it ever be possible to allow players to individually choose between Standard or Retro maps themselves? Rather then the created game have a map preference, we shift that to allow the players to view the map based on their own personal preference.

That way, if I created a game and wanted to view it on the retro map I could and could play it against someone that wants to view the game on the standard map. Or, if I feel like playing Retro this week I can, but could switch it up another week. The map doesn't change anything at all and would be purely cosmetic.
-Steve
Hybrid
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1197
All-game rating: 1190
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Map Swap

Postby asudevil » 12 Sep 2017, 07:19

This would go back to when we get the app...which would allow you to customize units/colors etc...since its all made on your device. But for the same reason those things don't work right now...this wouldn't.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.

Want to play fantasy football next season [url=http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=56016[/url]
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1355
All-game rating: 1525
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby gsmx » 12 Sep 2017, 09:53

asudevil wrote:This would go back to when we get the app...which would allow you to customize units/colors etc...since its all made on your device. But for the same reason those things don't work right now...this wouldn't.

Speaking of which, where is that app that was promised forever ago?
The first quality that is needed is audacity.
gsmx
Premium Member

Standard rating: 2172
All-game rating: 2574
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Hybrid » 12 Sep 2017, 10:50

asudevil wrote:This would go back to when we get the app...which would allow you to customize units/colors etc...since its all made on your device. But for the same reason those things don't work right now...this wouldn't.

Of course it would take additional coding, time and resources to implement such a feature. I wasn't expecting it to be just done anytime soon. Was more or less offering it to be added onto the list of 'stuff to improve playdip'. I'm sure there's got to be a list like that the staff keeps on hand.

However, thanks for the response. I'm looking forward to the app being developed.
-Steve
Hybrid
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1197
All-game rating: 1190
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby asudevil » 12 Sep 2017, 13:26

gsmx wrote:

Speaking of which, where is that app that was promised forever ago?

I just asked the same question

Want to play fantasy football next season [url=http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=56016[/url]
asudevil
Premium Member

Postby asudevil » 12 Sep 2017, 13:26

Hybrid wrote:

Of course it would take additional coding, time and resources to implement such a feature. I wasn't expecting it to be just done anytime soon. Was more or less offering it to be added onto the list of 'stuff to improve playdip'. I'm sure there's got to be a list like that the staff keeps on hand.

However, thanks for the response. I'm looking forward to the app being developed.

Everything is more coding. My point was that currently all coding that personalizes the map...is unable to be done based on how we do our server

asudevil
Premium Member

Return to Suggestions