AAR 107522 "The Return of the Prodigal Son" (5-way draw!)

Discussion of finished games.

Re: AAR 107522 "The Return of the Prodigal Son" (5-way draw!

Postby GENPershing » 14 Feb 2017, 01:15

Cardlinger wrote:Happy anniversary of jkid never coming to tell us why he put us through this!

My queue is empty and I'm up for a game :D

However horrific the comms I think this was quite a fun game, now the dust has settled and the blood has cooled. I can see why WHSeward et al running the shop wanted it shuttered far sooner than it was ;)

Best,
Cardlinger

jkid left us with a cliffhanger! the bastard
Sliver Member of Classicist, and a Star Ambassador (at heart)
I was born, in a crossfire HURRICANE!!
Been gone for a long time, and I'm happy to be back
GENPershing
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Rating: (1026)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby jkid » 18 Mar 2017, 07:20

First off, I apologize for leaving y'all hanging. Secondly, I do not actually remember having 12 games going on at the time when this all went down, so I don't understand that shoutbox message.

As best as I can make out from my messages with Lucifer's Hammer about subbing for me, the situation was the following. But first I preface this with the fact that I am over a year removed from the incidents, so I may have been exaggerating, but I take my own word for it:

Cardlinger was actively harming the game. We were in a bad place due to a metagaming incident in this game by Austria and then Cardlinger being extremely pretentious, annoying, mean, and oblivious that the replacement Austria also left. When I was leaving the country for a family trip, I messaged LH because I knew he could give it right back to Cardlinger and also make gains in the game. My instructions were to not give up the anti-France alliance and to also not let France dominate the public press with anonymous messages that we all knew were him. I was mad online, which is the worst possible thing to be.

Anyway, LH did well, until he had to auto-surrender due to either missing moves or being banned from the site again, for whatever reason. The surrender counted against me, which got reversed after some correspondence. I would like to publicly thank whoever that admin was for defending me in the shoutbox, but once again, I have no recollection of being in 12 games at once, because that's a heck of a lot - too many for me to have ever tried.

Anyway, I am glad of how the game turned out with regards to final result. I don't know what it was like for those playing, so I'm gonna hold off on making a giant sweeping statement.

Also, this was just a brief check in, so I'm not back on the site fully, and I doubt I ever will be. Engineering school is difficult and time consuming. But it was fun, and I will probably check in randomly in the future. If I ever do come back, I will make another invitational game, though it hopefully won't be as big of a shitshow and horrible thing as this one was.
Member of the Swag Bagels.

RIP me. Learning to be an engineer is difficult and time consuming.

Full return is an almost certain no. Random reappearances in forum are a touch more likely.
jkid

Class: Diplomat
Rating: (945)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Cardlinger » 18 Mar 2017, 11:15

He returns!

Then casts me as villain Tuomasm in France :'(

Either this is the ultimate troll, or you genuinely did dislike my efforts to get France off the table :(

Best,
Cardlinger
Cardlinger

Class: Ambassador
Rating: 1227
Timezone: GMT

Postby ferdy0 » 23 Mar 2017, 03:34

Cardlinger wrote:He returns!

Then casts me as villain Tuomasm in France :'(

Either this is the ultimate troll, or you genuinely did dislike my efforts to get France off the table :(

Best,
Cardlinger

I agree...I have the feeling you used the wrong name here jkid...
GM/FM
HOTW

Co-GM & co-founder of MYM

I almost peed myself when I saw a message from you - UKPBA

Grand Master of doing the unexpected (and getting away with it)

جئت، رأيت، وأنا الركل بعض الحمار البريطاني.

Best speech writer in the world

Member of:
Cavalry to the rescue
Silver Classicist
ferdy0
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Rating: (988)

Postby Cardlinger » 23 Mar 2017, 12:19

I won't take it personally, I was needling him to post here after all ;)

Best,
Cardlinger
Cardlinger

Class: Ambassador
Rating: 1227

Previous

Return to After Action Reports (AARs)