Jeremy Corbyn

A forum to seperate the more serious discussions from the lighter topics in Off-topic.

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Postby Keirador » 02 Sep 2016, 19:12

Why do strings play every time Jeremy Corbyn flushes the toilet?

Because of the violins inherent in the cistern.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
User avatar
Keirador
 
Posts: 6623
Joined: 01 Dec 2008, 21:36
Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Postby Carebear » 02 Sep 2016, 19:30

Keirador wrote:Why do strings play every time Jeremy Corbyn flushes the toilet?

Because of the violins inherent in the cistern.

Didn't take long to go Python.
You can have my last supply center, when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Spam Ambassador Wannabe

Officially Sanctioned Site Gadfly (meaning the negative kind of sanction)
User avatar
Carebear
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2389
Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 04:26
Location: In the fingerhold
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1573)
All-game rating: (1589)
Timezone: GMT+8

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Postby rd45 » 09 Jun 2017, 08:59

Bump. :D
User avatar
rd45
 
Posts: 227
Joined: 13 Oct 2014, 15:41
Location: tethered to the logic of homo sapien
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1362
All-game rating: 1382
Timezone: GMT

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Postby joe92 » 09 Jun 2017, 12:02

No matter anyone's thoughts on Jeremy Corbyn, I doubt anyone can deny that when the party were forced behind him and the media gave him a fair (albeit still biased towards Conservative) hearing he performed magnificently. Outperforming all the polls and turning what was meant to be a landslide victory for May into an embarrassment. She will be ousted from the party soon I'm sure. There was a bigger percentage swing to Corbyn (+9.5%) than Blair ever achieved (highest in '97 of +8.8%). All that nonsense about lacking leadership abilities can be left behind, the Labour party will have to unite behind him, and we can all focus on policies.

Here's a nice snippet from the results. Labour gained Canterbury from the Conservatives: a safe Conservative seat for the past 160 years!

And as an added bonus, hopefully this is the last we'll ever hear of Lynton Crosby and his sick, twisted and divisive campaign strategies :)
Designer: Modern Extended
GM'ing: Recruiting for Modern Extended 2

Platinum Classicist

Northumbria in Heptarchy 14
User avatar
joe92
 
Posts: 665
Joined: 02 Feb 2013, 00:26
Location: Leeds, GB
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1079)
All-game rating: (1538)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Postby ferdy0 » 22 Jun 2017, 01:47

I'm a labour supporter but I wouldn't vote for him.
GM/FM
HOTW

Co-GM & co-founder of MYM

I almost peed myself when I saw a message from you - UKPBA

Grand Master of doing the unexpected (and getting away with it)

جئت، رأيت، وأنا الركل بعض الحمار البريطاني.

Best speech writer in the world

Member of:
Cavalry to the rescue
Silver Classicist
User avatar
ferdy0
 
Posts: 3861
Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 19:02
Location: Somewhere in the History of the World forum
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (957)
All-game rating: (980)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Postby joe92 » 22 Jun 2017, 11:59

ferdy0 wrote:I'm a labour supporter but I wouldn't vote for him.

Any explanation for that?
Designer: Modern Extended
GM'ing: Recruiting for Modern Extended 2

Platinum Classicist

Northumbria in Heptarchy 14
User avatar
joe92
 
Posts: 665
Joined: 02 Feb 2013, 00:26
Location: Leeds, GB
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1079)
All-game rating: (1538)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Postby ferdy0 » 22 Jun 2017, 14:21

joe92 wrote:
ferdy0 wrote:I'm a labour supporter but I wouldn't vote for him.

Any explanation for that?


Several reasons mainly his anti Semitic stance. And no matter how much he denies it there is evidence of it.
GM/FM
HOTW

Co-GM & co-founder of MYM

I almost peed myself when I saw a message from you - UKPBA

Grand Master of doing the unexpected (and getting away with it)

جئت، رأيت، وأنا الركل بعض الحمار البريطاني.

Best speech writer in the world

Member of:
Cavalry to the rescue
Silver Classicist
User avatar
ferdy0
 
Posts: 3861
Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 19:02
Location: Somewhere in the History of the World forum
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (957)
All-game rating: (980)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Postby joe92 » 22 Jun 2017, 16:19

ferdy0 wrote:
joe92 wrote:
ferdy0 wrote:I'm a labour supporter but I wouldn't vote for him.

Any explanation for that?


Several reasons mainly his anti Semitic stance. And no matter how much he denies it there is evidence of it.


Perhaps you could provide some of that evidence?

Because of what I've seen Corbyn couldn't be more embracing of the Jewish faith. What he is opposed to - and most of us are - is the apartheid currently perpetrated by Israel against the Palestinian people. Conflating the two issues does seem to happen often but they are two clearly defined separate entities.
Designer: Modern Extended
GM'ing: Recruiting for Modern Extended 2

Platinum Classicist

Northumbria in Heptarchy 14
User avatar
joe92
 
Posts: 665
Joined: 02 Feb 2013, 00:26
Location: Leeds, GB
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1079)
All-game rating: (1538)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Postby StarWatcher009 » 22 Jun 2017, 23:13

joe92 wrote:
ferdy0 wrote:
joe92 wrote:Any explanation for that?


Several reasons mainly his anti Semitic stance. And no matter how much he denies it there is evidence of it.


Perhaps you could provide some of that evidence?

Because of what I've seen Corbyn couldn't be more embracing of the Jewish faith. What he is opposed to - and most of us are - is the apartheid currently perpetrated by Israel against the Palestinian people. Conflating the two issues does seem to happen often but they are two clearly defined separate entities.


Anti-semitism is a terrible reason to not vote Cornyn. As is all the stuff about past relations with the IRA. It should come down to policy. Myself, I disagree on many of his economic policies, which is why I wouldn't vote for him.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
StarWatcher009
Premium Member
 
Posts: 429
Joined: 26 Dec 2013, 23:43
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1005
All-game rating: 1433
Timezone: GMT

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Postby Antigonos » 23 Jun 2017, 14:37

joe92 wrote:No matter anyone's thoughts on Jeremy Corbyn, I doubt anyone can deny that when the party were forced behind him and the media gave him a fair (albeit still biased towards Conservative) hearing he performed magnificently. Outperforming all the polls and turning what was meant to be a landslide victory for May into an embarrassment. She will be ousted from the party soon I'm sure. There was a bigger percentage swing to Corbyn (+9.5%) than Blair ever achieved (highest in '97 of +8.8%). All that nonsense about lacking leadership abilities can be left behind, the Labour party will have to unite behind him, and we can all focus on policies.

Here's a nice snippet from the results. Labour gained Canterbury from the Conservatives: a safe Conservative seat for the past 160 years!

And as an added bonus, hopefully this is the last we'll ever hear of Lynton Crosby and his sick, twisted and divisive campaign strategies :)


I was posting in support of Corbyn on my (real name) Facebook page long after my last post here. Watching from the US as he and the Labour Party confounded the predictions of most of the media and of New Labour types to bring Labour so close and certainly so far has been perhaps the greatest political pleasure I have had since...well maybe since the Fall of Saigon in 1975 (yes I call that political). It also proves, at least to my satisfaction, that I have been correct in saying that Sanders could have defeated Trump even in the more primitive political environment of the US.

I think that this is first post in two years on a political matter. Oh yes as to charges that Corbyn is anti-Semitic I find them utterly without merit.
Classicists Platinum, Oldies & soldier in Cavalry to the rescue
Samnites Ad Arma
Prussia Ambition & Empire
USSR in 3 draw Blitzkrieg
Prussia LEnlightenment & Absolutism
Seville L Al-Andalus
Hubland L Octvarine
England solo Renaissance
Germany in 6 draw World Influence
Antigonos
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 02:30
Location: New York
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1475)
All-game rating: (1509)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Debates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest