Fable 10- Surprise- Game Thread

Games that are currently underway. These games are usually still looking for reserve players. PM the GM if you wish to sign on as a reserve.

Moderators: Crunkus, connect4, bkbkbk, AlphaTangoEcho, vindictus, sjg11

Re: Fable 10- Surprise- Game Thread

Postby Iggy » 07 Dec 2017, 19:05

when does d1 end? somtime today right? I've skimmed a little of the overnight posting but kind of a busy day today and d1 ends soon, right?
Iggy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1161
All-game rating: 1152
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kimbyrle » 07 Dec 2017, 19:09

Iggy wrote:when does d1 end? somtime today right? I've skimmed a little of the overnight posting but kind of a busy day today and d1 ends soon, right?

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... sive&csz=1
There is as much deception in noise as there is in silence.

Her?
kimbyrle

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby kimbyrle » 07 Dec 2017, 19:18

kimbyrle wrote:
Iggy wrote:when does d1 end? somtime today right? I've skimmed a little of the overnight posting but kind of a busy day today and d1 ends soon, right?

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... sive&csz=1

(Taken from sjg's post here: viewtopic.php?f=306&t=56664#p925669)
There is as much deception in noise as there is in silence.

Her?
kimbyrle

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Iggy » 07 Dec 2017, 19:50

thanks... saw it right after I posted and was going ot bump it but then work got in the way. working IT for a retail company at christmas time can get in the way of more important things sometimes. oof.
Iggy
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1161
All-game rating: 1152
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby shadowface » 07 Dec 2017, 19:53

Iggy wrote:thanks... saw it right after I posted and was going ot bump it but then work got in the way. working IT for a retail company at christmas time can get in the way of more important things sometimes. oof.

Likely SW is being killed tonight due to claiming Jenny, so it shouldn't be particularly important for you to find scum today. You can probably catch up in the night phase.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1 (before brilliantly betting her name away).

All the messing around with suspects and Clues... that was just something to keep the body amused while the brain toiled away.
shadowface

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (928)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby shadowface » 07 Dec 2017, 19:55

@kim: What's your read on nanook right now?
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1 (before brilliantly betting her name away).

All the messing around with suspects and Clues... that was just something to keep the body amused while the brain toiled away.
shadowface

Postby shadowface » 07 Dec 2017, 20:14

@EAH: What's your scum play? Do you have any examples of games you've played as scum? Because I'm finding you more and more reasonable and it's reminding me of how I try to play scum.

shadowface

Postby shadowface » 07 Dec 2017, 20:18

Parabellum wrote:Are you serious right now? I was the only one freaking arguing in that conversation. Over and over again you just said something was wrong with my analysis, but you never said why. You promised to go into it more the next day, but if you did I did not see it. Could you please link me to that post? In lieu of that, I'm just not going to take this question seriously. For one thing, it's a misrepresentation of my position (which seems to be a habit of yours). There is a HUGE difference between "self-evident things" and "objectively true" things. I would never claim scumminess is self-evident, because that’s absurd. It’s likewise absurd to claim that it’s 90% subjective.

You are way overstating my position. Not cool.

Very similar to the problem I'm having with nanook. I'll provide a ton of evidence for this tomorrow when I'm finished most of my exams.

Thinking on it overnight I'm pretty sure nanook is scum. If for some reason (that will invovled me being EXTREMELY pissed off at Joe) I die tonight, please kill nanook next. It's weird, usually I need to convince myself people make sense as scum and try to reconcile their play (perhaps because I'm used to fake scumhunting :P ), but I strongly believe nanook is scum right now. And it's not just a gut read: tomorrow I'll develop the case to show exactly why, which I can actually put my finger on right now. I just need to dig through a ton of posts to lay it out properly.

If nanook's town I'll notice that too, by actually getting to the bottom of the issue. I'm totally going to look at this with an open mind - BUT for me to back off I need substantive answers. An essay's worth of twisted excuses isn't worth a sentence of rational and honest argument addressing the issue. If I get the latter, I'll back off 100%. But so far I haven't found this.

Anyways, I have to cram the dates that ineffective environmental policies in Canada were passed and then write exams, but this is where I'm at right now.

shadowface

Postby GPD » 07 Dec 2017, 20:21

Hey guys, just got in from work. Haven't read a thing yet. Twenty pages to get through. Let me know if there are any hot topics to answer or review. Cheers, G
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Never NMR(Damnit!), Never Surrender
Gold Classicist
I did WDC 2017
GPD

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1726
All-game rating: 1758

Postby justy » 07 Dec 2017, 20:44

shadowface wrote:
justy wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:A Willow reveal doesn't make it immediately possible for Angel to switch sides. Furthermore, the issue she had wasn't with the suggestion itself, it was that appeared to support it without justification.

So I went to reread Shadow's posts around Willow/Jenny reveals. I can see the difference between Willow and Jenny reveals. Shadow is against both of them and says so for Nanook and Redsun.

But I still think there's something odd in her reaction to your post. First of all, it's difficult for me to see how your comment could be seen so strong support for the idea that inexperienced Jenny would reveal (also, who is that inexperienced player - doesn't everyone playing this game have games under their belt?).

I never said it was strong support - in fact IIRC I explicitly said I didn't like her soft supporting a dangerous idea that she hadn't actually considered. It removes accountability for supporting a what I think is bad idea. If someone is going to push that kind of idea, they should have to justify why. This was my issue.

Everyone here's played before but the majority I would still consider new players.

But you were also afraid that Kim's support was strong enough for someone to reveal as Jenny, right? Because if it was weak support, it shouldn't really affect anyone's choices about revealing when you've already gone strongly against the idea. Or do we mean different things with strong?

justy wrote:Also, isn't there same reasoning implied in your post than there was in RedSun's post (namely that it would prevent Angel from becoming scum accidentaly). Why go after you instead of RedSun? To be fair, I don't know what's the scum motivation to go after you instead of redsun, but it still seems like Shadow made some odd decisions on what actions were scummy and what weren't.

These posts should address this concern, because I actually have explained this:
viewtopic.php?f=306&t=56664&p=925789&#p925789
viewtopic.php?f=306&t=56664&p=926285&#p926285[/quote]

This actually addresses it pefectly:
shadowface wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:I do get now why my "soft push" seemed more like something shadow felt was important to question than RedSun's coming up with it.

I asked RedSun about it too, and RedSun's explanation made more sense than yours.

Initially I went after you more than him also because I wanted to push you. I think you're readable.

I'm still not sure why you chose to push player who is easy to read over Redsun who's (I'm assuming) more difficult to read and then worth pushing?

Also, could you answer my older question: why did you vote StarWatcher when you thought he was promoting less active scum-hunting but didn't comment my proposal (in my first post) that we should focus on town-hunting instead of scum-hunting?

(Also, I agree with you that it's worthwile to quote oneself when someone asks things you've already discussed. I have read all of your posts but my reading comprehension isn't too good when I'm reading large amount of text in English).
justy

Standard rating: (1051)
All-game rating: (1047)
Timezone: GMT+2

PreviousNext

Return to Active