Mentor Game - January 1, 2018 - started

If you are new to the site, and especially if you are new to the game, this might be a good way to start some games. Mentors will help with the mechanics of the game.

Moderator: WHSeward

Re: Mentor Game - January 1, 2018 - started

Postby Jack007 » 02 Jan 2018, 10:11

SanderSieswerda74 wrote:Yes, I'd like to join, but probably I am too late? If so, how do I join for a next mentor game?

Hi and thanks for your interest. You are not too late, but too early... for the next mentor game with el Swine, a veteran Diplomacy champ from downunder. I have put you on the list, and in a few days you will get a private message (PM) with the password and some instructions how to join. Please stay tuned.
Jack007 (3 Stars) stripped off all medals by the admiralty partially rehabilitated
Member of the Honorables
Singer of the Praises

There is no greater solitude than the samurai's, unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
- Bushido (The book of the samurais)
Jack007
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1193
All-game rating: 1546
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby ListenThinkListenAct » 02 Jan 2018, 10:39

Jack007 wrote:
SanderSieswerda74 wrote:Yes, I'd like to join, but probably I am too late? If so, how do I join for a next mentor game?

Hi and thanks for your interest. You are not too late, but too early... for the next mentor game with el Swine, a veteran Diplomacy champ from downunder. I have put you on the list, and in a few days you will get a private message (PM) with the password and some instructions how to join. Please stay tuned.
Hi Jack007, that is excellent news! Looking forward to joining my first diplomacy game!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
ListenThinkListenAct

Postby Tim von Bismarck » 02 Jan 2018, 12:07

Hi,

As I'm new to this game, I would very much like to participate in a mentor game. Can I register for the next one?

Thanks!
Tim von Bismarck

Postby Bloggix » 02 Jan 2018, 14:21

Request to join a mentored game. Played years ago at school and would like to start again. Aware of rules for the board gme but new to online Diplomacy.
Bloggix

Postby ListenThinkListenAct » 02 Jan 2018, 14:21

Jack007 wrote:

Where will the PM be delivered. In my email mailbox?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
ListenThinkListenAct

Postby Jack007 » 02 Jan 2018, 15:02

No, by PM whitin this forum. Go to User Control Panel - Private messages. You may change the settings to be adverted my e-mail when a message arrives at your Playdip inbox.

Bloggix and Tim van Bismarck, you are added to the list.
Jack007 (3 Stars) stripped off all medals by the admiralty partially rehabilitated
Member of the Honorables
Singer of the Praises

There is no greater solitude than the samurai's, unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
Jack007
Premium Member

Postby Machiara » 03 Jan 2018, 05:25

Jack, according to Radical Pumpkin I think I'm supposed to be running the January 15th mentor game. Has that changed?
Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.

No idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered with a searching but at the same time a steady eye.

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Machiara
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1973
All-game rating: 2001
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Jack007 » 03 Jan 2018, 10:13

Machiara wrote:Jack, according to Radical Pumpkin I think I'm supposed to be running the January 15th mentor game. Has that changed?

Hi Machiara and a Happy New Year. The schedule is a bit delayed. From what was talked in the Mentor's maillist, it's el Swine who runs the next game, after him it's your turn. We might compress the shedule a bit in order to catch up, or we can just go on from now with the bi-weekly pace.
Btw. I can't see you in the Mentor's maillist, maybe you contact Radical Pumpkin to be added.

Regards.. Jack
Last edited by Jack007 on 12 Jan 2018, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Honorables
Singer of the Praises

Jack007
Premium Member

Postby ListenThinkListenAct » 05 Jan 2018, 21:23

Hi,

What is the current status of the next mentoring game?

KR
Sander
ListenThinkListenAct

Postby willie23 » 11 Jan 2018, 23:30

I would like to be put on the list for a mentoring game. I have never played Diplomacy before, but I am extremely interested in it. I play Axis and Allies all the time, but it seems like Diplomacy is more about the negotiations than the combat.

Thank you, C. W.
willie23

PreviousNext

Return to Mentoring