Mentor Game - January 1, 2018 - started

If you are new to the site, and especially if you are new to the game, this might be a good way to start some games. Mentors will help with the mechanics of the game.

Moderator: WHSeward

Re: Mentor Game - January 1, 2018 - started

Postby Jack007 » 12 Jan 2018, 09:41

Hello willie23, welcome to the world of Diplomacy.

Mentor games are indeed a great way to dive straight into the game's essentials. The last mentor game has just started a few days ago, but the next is not far away. I guess the signup thread is going to be started within one week from now. Your mentor will be Macchiara, THE high-flyer of the last tournament season. I had myself the occasion to play him in a high-quality game, where he soloed without stabbing anyone, only by his overwhelming kindness, convincing everybody to be his friend. Stunning. Diplomacy at his purest. So don't miss this occasion to perhaps get hold of some of his secrets.

Actually I have no access to the priority list of waiting players, but I propose that you post again in the new signup thread, as soon opened by Macchiara. Be prepared. 8-)
Jack007 (3 Stars) stripped off all medals by the admiralty partially rehabilitated
Member of the Honorables
Singer of the Praises

There is no greater solitude than the samurai's, unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
- Bushido (The book of the samurais)
Jack007
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1193
All-game rating: 1546
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Machiara » 12 Jan 2018, 12:21

Yep, I'm the next mentor in line! Watch out, world. Thread for my mentor game will be going up next Monday or Tuesday (1/15 or 1/16), so keep your eyes peeled!
Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.

No idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered with a searching but at the same time a steady eye.

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Machiara
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1973
All-game rating: 2001
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Jack007 » 12 Jan 2018, 16:03

Great. I consider to sign up myself, incognito, with a fake account. ;)
Jack007 (3 Stars) stripped off all medals by the admiralty partially rehabilitated
Member of the Honorables
Singer of the Praises

There is no greater solitude than the samurai's, unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
- Bushido (The book of the samurais)
Jack007
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1193
All-game rating: 1546
Timezone: GMT+1

Previous

Return to Mentoring