Need 1 more player for Mentor game!

New to the game? New to the site? Wanting to find a mentor game? Have a look here.

Moderator: WHSeward

Need 1 more player for Mentor game!

Postby OldBaldGuy » 16 Jul 2016, 16:51

Welcome to the latest PlayDip mentor game! You can reply to this thread to register your interest.
• Looking to play your first game?
• Have played before, but it was some time ago and feel rusty?
• New to PlayDip and want to get used to the interface?
• Been on site for awhile and would like some pointers?
Mentor games are for beginners to play together in a welcoming environment, to learn the basics of Diplomacy and how the website interface works. An experienced player is available as a mentor, to answer questions & to provide encouragement.

All are welcome. I ask only that you commit to seeing the game through to completion, because leaving a game partway through disrupts the experience for the remaining players. The duration of Diplomacy games can vary substantially, but you can figure on the game continuing for 2-3 months if you do well. Should unforeseen life circumstances mean you need to quit, please let me know in-game or via a PM, so that I can line up a replacement.

If you are interested in playing, either reply in this thread or send me a PM through the forum to contact me. I'll reply with instructions for how to join the game. The game is currently active, but we will start whenever we get a full set of players. If you sign up here but you don't get a spot, you will be given priority in next week's mentor game.
Information on our current mentor game below:
Game No.: 119538
Game Name: Mentor Game - June23
Deadlines: 2/1/1 (movement/retreats/builds, in days)
Mentor: oldbaldguy

***** UPDATE ***** We are up to 6 players, and need 1 more to get started.
Participants:
carducciz
skyclad
petermac092
Danish_Dan
galadhil1
ken31415
New sign-ups:

Next Week's Priority List (sign up now to be added):

Priority Players are users who signed up in a previous week and did not have a chance to play. They (along with the enough players from this week's New Signups list to fill the board) will get a 2-day priority window to join this game before the password is be sent out to all New Signups.

Veteran players fill any open spots caused by surrenders in our mentor games. If you are an experienced player and interested in helping the teaching effort, please let us know and we will add you to the standby list. Mentors do not play in their own game. They are included on the list to keep the rotation current. If their name comes up in a game they are mentoring, they will be skipped.

Standby Veteran Players:
jakofipa
glacialice
BigSpoon19
Gavrilo Princip
dwiltseredu
fidelis
kwc
nanooktheeskimo
locksmithvic
IDontPlayThisGame
gooderian