possible pre-game alliance

Noticed any suspicious activity? Report it here.

Moderators: Alman, gareth66

Forum rules
Cheaters
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. DO NOT POST BEFORE READING THIS: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54352
2. Any Post made to influence a game is cheating and may cause You to be removed from the game.
3. DO NOT put the names of the players involved in the TITLE of the post. They can be given in the post, if necessary.
If the game is Anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, send a Private Message to the Cheater-hunters group.

possible pre-game alliance

Postby the_discourses » 05 Nov 2017, 13:31

Game: 136564. Deo Vindice
Suspect player: Austria and Turkey. Anon player game, don't know the users.
Reasons: I'm playing Russia, we're in 1902. The Austrian and Turkish players have been messaging me for most of 1901, both trying to get me to make moves which I suspected were meant to be a trap. This by itself is not suspicious. However, the game is a 24/12/12 game, so the amount of time one can talk is fairly short. The two started messaging me with their push to have me make my 'bad' moves almost from the beginning, within a half-hour or so of the game start. I'm not saying that it is impossible for two players to set up a long-term strategy to screw the third within 30 minutes of a game start, but it is a bit odd. Furthermore, the style of writing is very similar, with similar idioms used in writing. They seem completely comfortable leaving SC's undefended against each other, also odd for a 24/12/12 game since the com times are fairly short. Last but not least, the few times I was messaging both of them, they replied to me at nearly the same times, and, again, using very similar language, like 'you have no clue what's coming, do you?'.

I would like to do a more thorough investigation and take a look at who they are, but it's an anon game, and I can't. Please take a look, and I am sorry if I am wasting your time on this.
the_discourses
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1514
All-game rating: 1525
Timezone: GMT

Re: possible pre-game alliance

Postby Alman » 11 Nov 2017, 22:30

This has been investigated. Report here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=56544
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
Turkey in "Blitzkrieg" PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1459
All-game rating: 1581
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Cheaters