MetaGaming: I Never Met the Man...

Noticed any suspicious activity? Report it here.

Moderators: Alman, gareth66

Forum rules
Cheaters
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. DO NOT POST BEFORE READING THIS: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54352
2. Any Post made to influence a game is cheating and may cause You to be removed from the game.
3. DO NOT put the names of the players involved in the TITLE of the post. They can be given in the post, if necessary.
If the game is Anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, send a Private Message to the Cheater-hunters group.

MetaGaming: I Never Met the Man...

Postby Alman » 11 Nov 2017, 22:26

This game was brought to our attention and our investigation yielded a clear pattern of Meta-gaming if not Multi-Accounting.

Users KINGAK and Confederate2348 started out in Friends games and then moved into Ranked games. The fact that they started in Friend's games will be important in a minute.

In game 135522 Zoppas (ranked) they shared a two-way draw between France and Austria. Most of the messages between them consisted ONLY of shared messages with third powers. The real gem was this message shared in Spring 1901 to Germany.
Hello, Framce is literally watching me write this, so know his cooperation is in on this.

We would like to offer this to you. A friendly early game alliance with Austria, France and Germany, working together to posture for a late game match.

Sounds like their in the same room, doesn't it? Does to this investigator. [We add this to the 2 previously played Friends games]
There were other references to negotiations that had no basis in in-game messages.

With that we turn to the reported game 136564 Deo Vindice (ranked) where the two players are Austria and Turkey. Here we find a message from Turkey to Russia in Spring of 1902
Plan still stands with me. Austria has asked me to help "finish" you while he protects himself from Germany.

Ok, now Turkey could be lying about hearing from Austria. That would be a normal tactic. Let's check. Any messages from Austria? Nope, nothing since Spring '01.

Then we have this message to Italy from Turkey
=======From TURKEY Fall 1903 Retreat =======
Hey, if you feel like it, send us your username. We'd always be up for a game with the three of us. Hopefully a more beneficial draw next time.

Send US. We'd be up for a game. Sounds like they know each other and are working together. Did I mention this is an Anonymous game? Italy answered with a warning that pregame alliances and out-of-game communication was against the site rules.

Now, remember what we have so far...2 Friends Games, "He's watching me type", Alliances with little or no negotiation, an offer to play future games together. In response to Italy's warning, we get this.
I dont know who turkey is, or made any pre game alliance. But im sure we are going to play future unranked games together, we have some funny things in common, haha.

Thats not against the rules. I dont know why he invited you, seeing that i utterly betrayed you, so i dont blame you if you say no seeing that you would ever trust me again.

But all in all, we have broken no rules here. We just made a strong alliance during the 48 hour start time and yanked russias chain, and maybe had a little too much fun on the world press...

Just to be clear, here is the message that represented the strong alliance made during the 48 hours.
Date: Spring 1901 Orders, Nov 01 2017 15:35 GMT

Re:Borders

Seriously? i think we both know I'm coming for the Balkans...

Have fun in Bulgaria for a season, I will be drinking wine there in less than a year and a half.

I have no wish to talk with Turkey, Good luck... I have friends

=======From TURKEY Spring 1901 Orders =======
Hey, what are your intentions?

So, this is clearly Meta-gaming. I think it is two different people at this point, based on evidence, but Meta-gaming is clear.

Game 135522 Zoppas has been unranked
Game 136564 Deo Vindice has been unranked due to the harm to Italy from the cheating. Both players have obviously been removed and their accounts have been suspended pending an agreement to commit to following the rules.
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
Turkey in "Blitzkrieg" PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1459
All-game rating: 1581
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: MetaGaming: I Never Met the Man...

Postby Alman » 12 Nov 2017, 05:51

KINGAK has responded to my email with a profanity laced attack on the rules, the site, the other players, and he had nice and kind words for me and the other Moderators too.
My favorite part was where he accused me of being on a power-trip. Yep, spending my free time hunting down cheaters when I could be playing my own games is real power. :roll: :shock: :roll:

But despite his honeyed words, I'm not going to reactivate him.

I'm waiting to see if the other player, if he indeed does exist, has a different response.
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
Turkey in "Blitzkrieg" PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1459
All-game rating: 1581
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Cheaters