Banned: Camisado and 3 other multiple accounts

Noticed any suspicious activity? Report it here.

Moderators: Alman, gareth66

Forum rules
Cheaters
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. DO NOT POST BEFORE READING THIS: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54352
2. Any Post made to influence a game is cheating and may cause You to be removed from the game.
3. DO NOT put the names of the players involved in the TITLE of the post. They can be given in the post, if necessary.
If the game is Anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, send a Private Message to the Cheater-hunters group.

Banned: Camisado and 3 other multiple accounts

Postby the_discourses » 19 Apr 2017, 07:47

I'm unsure what I did in a previous life to become a cheater magnet like this, but this is ironclad proof of a multi-accounting setup in one of my current games:

Game: 129092, Second Time, anon players game
Players: IamGandalfTheGreat (Germany) and France. It's an anon game, so I don't know who France is. I only know Germany because he quit right after the incident.
Case:
I am communicating with Germany, France, Russia, etc. I'm playing Austria and doing OK, and Germany want's my help vs. Russia. G and F are obviously friendly, but nothing terrible.
In the spring 1904 turn, I get 2 messages from France telling he's going to support me from Silesia into Warsaw, and how he's going to take St. Petersburg. Followed immediately by a message telling me how he forwarded Germany's messages to me, since he was sending them to him for some reason. And then Germany suddenly quits a great position.

Basically, I think the player [redacted] up, logged into the wrong country, and sent me the messages, panicked, and quit the game. Please take a look. I think it's very, very obvious from my message logs that they're the same player.
the_discourses
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Rating: 1615
Timezone: GMT

Re: Multi-accounting

Postby gareth66 » 19 Apr 2017, 23:32

I think you've got this bang on the_discourses. The French player was Camisado, recently warned against multi-accounting in another cheaters thread. This player has also surrendered, leaving the cheating players no longer in the game. The game was at an early stage, and no player had been eliminated or obviously compromised as a direct result of cheating. There is therefore no need to unrank the game and no further action needed in respect of that game.

However, the behaviour of Camisado warrants wider consideration. At around the same time as surrendering from this game (posting an "apology" for "her son's behaviour" in the public press, she emailed me to alert me to what had happened. In that email she repeated the same story, about "her son" being in the game with her, "unknown to her", and that he had "sent some messages throuh her account unknkwn to her". However, there is a significant factor in her apparent keenness to be forthright in telling the truth. She maintained in the game that "Germany had sent her (France) a message that "must have been for Austria". This is a blatant lie, in that there is no such message that she received from Germany.

In that light, I now consider that everything she said was a lie. Including the story about "her daughter" in the previous thread.

She claimed that she had no idea her son had an account. And yet she has played in the same games as that account previously. I have discovered a fourth account, mrssteelhead. That now makes 4 accounts which are all being operated from the same IP addresses and which have clearly been metagaming in multiple games in different permutations together. These accounts are:

Camisado
EnemyoftheEnemyismyfriend
IamGandalphtheGreat
mrssteelhead

There are several games when one of these accounts has joined a game being played by one of the others, at a late stage, to help the main player win. And I completely agree that in the case of this particular game, the story about the son and the surrender to be seen to be doing the right thing, was all contrived to cover the fact that she knew she had messed up and could be in trouble. In the circumstances of this being a repeat offence, so soon after the promise of adhering to site rules, by a player determined to go to great lengths to conceal cheating (including inventing fancy stories to try to deceive the moderators), I have closed all 4 accounts and banned the IP addresses associated with them.

Quite a few games are affected in different ways, and I will detail these shortly.
gareth66

Rating: (1921)

Re: Multi-accounting

Postby gareth66 » 19 Apr 2017, 23:44

127880 Bonnie&Gordy - EnemyoftheEnemyismyfriend removed.

129163 Chessboxing, 127268 NewbiesinntheSlaughterhouse and 127869 An Ode to Sergei Kislyak: Camisado just surrendered from all 3 of these in response to an email question from me. If she had not, she would have been removed.

Archive games retrospectively unranked:

127318 Hi
gareth66

Re: Banned: Camisado and 3 other multiple accounts

Postby gareth66 » 20 Apr 2017, 23:25

Quick update. I had a brief email from Camisado last night - to say (a) that "she" was disappointed I didn't believe her, and (b) that "she" understood the ban! That was it - no further proteststions of innocence or complaints about my "misjudgement". No attempt to explain how I was seeing it all wrong and that her numerous complicit offspring had had their love for the game damaged by my incompetence. Not even the usual threat to sue to reclaim the cost of premium membership. Essentially, just an all-but admission and acceptance of the outcome as fair cop.

Don't think I need any further reassurance it was the right decision...and don't think I need any more persuading that the site can do without this sort. ;)
gareth66

Return to Cheaters