Timer takes too long (no bug)

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Timer takes too long (no bug)

Postby Dolph Shtoss » 20 Nov 2017, 15:27

Game 136702. Me and my monkey

The timer is set to 12/12/12 and additional that deadlines aren't processed on weekends. But now, after the weekend, timer shows 1 day and 8 hours until deadline. Could different time-zones affect the deadlines so much?

Thanks for the help.
Use me, don't abuse me.
If I have PMs, don't open them unless you expect to see them!
Dolph Shtoss

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Timer takes too long

Postby super_dipsy » 20 Nov 2017, 16:42

The timer is correct. The rules for handling exceptions were simplified some months back to make it easier to understand and more predictable, and to give better coverage for people in different timezones. The rules are here http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54711

Basically, the simplification is that for any deadline that would fall within a weekend or a specified holiday day, the deadline is simply increased by the length of the deadline. In your game, the last phase ran at 09:42 on Nov 19th (server time) so the new deadline would have been Nov 19th at 19:42 server time. But the game is no weekends, so 48 hours is added on.
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (956)
Timezone: GMT

Return to Bugs