stats mess up (fixed)

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

stats mess up (fixed)

Postby StarWatcher009 » 11 Sep 2017, 22:37

I'm not sure where to put this but on the stats page for games it says this:

Number of games started without players missing turns in Spring 1901: 0/38330 (100.00 % NMR rate)

Which I highly doubt to be true.

Not a big problem by any means, but may be nice to be fixed.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
StarWatcher009
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1024
All-game rating: 1456
Timezone: GMT

Re: stats mess up (fixed)

Postby super_dipsy » 12 Sep 2017, 07:53

Ooops.

Sorry about that, fixed now. Actually, it is really good you spotted that...the reason it was zeroed was an unrelated change when we changed the variant buckets, but in fact I discover horrifyingly that the original stoneage code there was giving the answer the wrong way up! It was giving the number of games tht DID have Spring 1901 NMRs as the number that DIDN'T :o

I have sorted it now - and just for reference it appears that 13% of games suffer from an NMR in turn 1. I still find that a bit surprising, but I suspect a big cause may be the normal online thing eg you confirm, then while waiting for others to confirm you forget about it / have other RL interrupts etc
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (956)

Re: stats mess up (fixed)

Postby StarWatcher009 » 12 Sep 2017, 23:19

Cool, glad to be of help..=
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
StarWatcher009
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1024
All-game rating: 1456

Return to Bugs