0 build or 0 retreats still requires a finalized (no bug)

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Re: 0 build or 0 retreats still requires a finalized (no bug

Postby whiteric » 26 Nov 2015, 18:21

super_dipsy wrote:
whiteric wrote:sorry the BUG i am referring to is that HOME page and GAME page fail to inform me that one of my active games require me to open it to enter the action that will finish my turn
whiteric wrote:for example i have 1 unit GERMANY UNIT in Denmark which does not need to retreat BUT the 0 retreat needed me to go into it and not enter any moves but just need me to finalize as if i had need to do some moves

No, this is your misunderstanding. If the second scenario applies to the first 'bug' statement, then you are wrong. If you have one unit that does not need to retreat, then there is no action required to finish your turn. Your turn is already finished. So the bit "fail to inform me that one of my active games require me to open it to enter the action that will finish my turn" is wrong because there is no action required to finish your turn. Hence the Home Page does not say there is.

**** thank you ... so if i understand you that if the turn is 7 days and every one else finalize on day 3 that it will automatic finalize the game for me ( even though i have never finalized my active game which HOME & GAME page say NO but the active game page does say i need to finalize my 0 build or 0 retreat )

thank you for showing me that its a special feature and not a BUG
whiteric

Class: Ambassador
Rating: 874
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 26 Nov 2015, 18:39

whiteric wrote:
super_dipsy wrote:
whiteric wrote:sorry the BUG i am referring to is that HOME page and GAME page fail to inform me that one of my active games require me to open it to enter the action that will finish my turn
whiteric wrote:for example i have 1 unit GERMANY UNIT in Denmark which does not need to retreat BUT the 0 retreat needed me to go into it and not enter any moves but just need me to finalize as if i had need to do some moves

No, this is your misunderstanding. If the second scenario applies to the first 'bug' statement, then you are wrong. If you have one unit that does not need to retreat, then there is no action required to finish your turn. Your turn is already finished. So the bit "fail to inform me that one of my active games require me to open it to enter the action that will finish my turn" is wrong because there is no action required to finish your turn. Hence the Home Page does not say there is.

**** thank you ... so if i understand you that if the turn is 7 days and every one else finalize on day 3 that it will automatic finalize the game for me ( even though i have never finalized my active game which HOME & GAME page say NO but the active game page does say i need to finalize my 0 build or 0 retreat )

Now if someone can show him how to use caps...
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of Blitzkrieg

Cornubia

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!
nanooktheeskimo

Class: Star Ambassador
Rating: 1256
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Carebear » 26 Nov 2015, 18:44

whiteric wrote:**** thank you ... so if i understand you that if the turn is 7 days and every one else finalize on day 3 that it will automatic finalize the game for me ( even though i have never finalized my active game which HOME & GAME page say NO but the active game page does say i need to finalize my 0 build or 0 retreat )

Where does it say you "need to finalize"?
You can have my last supply center, when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Spam Ambassador Wannabe

Officially Sanctioned Site Gadfly (meaning the negative kind of sanction)
Carebear
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Rating: (1739)
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby super_dipsy » 26 Nov 2015, 19:15

I think we're almost there....

whiteric wrote:thank you ... so if i understand you that if the turn is 7 days and every one else finalize on day 3 that it will automatic finalize the game for me ( even though i have never finalized my active game which HOME & GAME page say NO but the active game page does say i need to finalize my 0 build or 0 retreat )

...I think you have it now, but again your wording makes me think thee is still some confusion.

so if i understand you that if the turn is 7 days and every one else finalize on day 3 that it will automatic finalize the game for me

Not quite. I think you misunderstand what finalizing means. It means you are putting your hand up to say 'I am done with my actions so the turn can move on as far as I am concerned'. But a turn moves on when everyone who has an action says they are ready. Since you have no action, your vote is not required. You can finalize if you wish, but in all but the special exception case I mentioned it is a no-op. That is why the home page says
You need to finalize orders: NO
and the active games list says
Orders need finalizing: NO

Not finalizing is not holding anyone else up because you have no action. I think what you are pointing to is that on the Game Map page, if you go into the Orders tab it still has the option to finalize orders. You can do so if you wish, but you do not need to. So if you have no actions in a Retreat phase of 7 days and everyone with actions finalizes after three, the turn moves on; you have not been automatically finalized, your approval was not required.

I hope that helps. Finalzing can be a bit confusing, I know :)
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rating: (921)
Timezone: GMT

Postby whiteric » 18 Jun 2017, 21:11

Ok i think i got it

If i never enter active game that HOME & GAME pages does not flag as needing attention the active game will finish before deadline if all other player needing required attention finalize thier moves

So if only act if red flags on HOME page … that sound great and quicker … thanks
whiteric

Rating: 874
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby super_dipsy » 18 Jun 2017, 21:24

Happy to help :)
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rating: (921)