no register email

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

no register email

Postby balamory » 19 Mar 2017, 23:53

I've a friend trying to register for a game but she doesnt get a confirm your address email.

Is she doing something wrong?
balamory
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1121
All-game rating: 1111
Timezone: GMT

Re: no register email

Postby asudevil » 20 Mar 2017, 00:19

Have her email the mod button.

But assuming she checked spam...then it may depend on her email address. Some servers have us marked as so spam we don't even show up in the spam folder (hotmail does this). A work around is to use a gmail account and then have it set up to forward to her main account.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.

Want to play fantasy football next season [url=http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=56016[/url]
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1355
All-game rating: 1525
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: no register email

Postby duckling » 20 Mar 2017, 16:10

Some servers have us marked as so spam we don't even show up in the spam folder (hotmail does this)

Actually, as of a couple of months ago, Hotmail doesn't. But for some reason the provider I've used for many years (mail.com) now doesn't let it through. And pretty much every other provider I've had , not including Google, blocks it.

There is something about the format or sending server that makes playdip messages look terribly like spam to filter providers. Too bad, and it should be a solvable problem, but until then sticking with a Google is the safest option, I guess.
duckling
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1130)
All-game rating: (1100)
Timezone: GMT+1

Return to Bugs