Possible Bug 122159 Savoir Faire

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Re: Possible Bug 122159 Savoir Faire

Postby Zubb » 11 Jan 2017, 12:19

Same thing have happened to me.

I think it is not all that rare thing.

Fatmo wrote:A few years ago I was in a somewhat related and strange draw proposal scenario. Yea, things can get weird with draws on the table sometimes.

I joined a game as a surrendered country because the position looked good/interesting. I could see that there were Admin notifications of lots of draw proposals, but it appeared to simply be a time late in a game with several draw offers being proposed and turned down. I never saw any indication that I could vote on a draw, so assumed there were no active draws on the table.

I logged on the next day, and could not find the game. It was instead in my "finished games" folder, with me somehow having been included in a three-way draw.

Turned out that the person previously playing my country had in fact accepted a draw proposal that included him, but surrendered for some reason while the draw proposal was still in effect. After I joined, someone who was NOT even included in the draw cast the final vote in favor of it, and that was the end of the game.

I remember posting about it on either bugs or suggestions, and the code may have been changed to not allow this, since lots of people obviously join surrendered games to play out the positions. That would also be pretty uncool if your country voted for a draw that didn't include it before surrendering.
Zubb
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Rating: 1537
Timezone: GMT+3

Re: Possible Bug 122159 Savoir Faire

Postby Zubb » 11 Jan 2017, 12:21

Thanks for clarifyibf this. It can realy help more 2-way draws happen, greatly reducing stabs in the last year.
If they've accepted the draw all you have to is kill the third guy, not just kill the third guy and keep 17-17.

super_dipsy wrote:This came up a few years back i seem to remember. Basically, during the post-phase processing a check is done to see if the game has ended. This first checks to see if any live draws have been accepted by all active countries, and then checks to see if anyone has git to the victory centre count. From memory, the argument for it being this way was that since the player getting to 18 had previously agreed to end the game as a draw, this decision takes precedence. A bit like the way you cannot unaccept a draw. If u accept it, u have accepted it.
Zubb
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Rating: 1537
Timezone: GMT+3

Previous

Return to Bugs