Changes to finalize and to Build phases

This is where we inform about development updates.

Changes to finalize and to Build phases

Postby super_dipsy » 23 Mar 2017, 09:02

A couple of minor changes I will be putting up soon.

As some of you who read the forums regularly know, some time ago we put in a block on a new phase starting for 3 minutes. If you finalize within that time, it will not move the game on. This has caused some issues particularly with 2-player games with people finalizing quickly, then wondering why the game doesn't move. We are adding an error message now! So if you try to finalize in the first 3 minutes, you will get a message saying you can't finalize yet and you will need to try again in a few minutes.

The other is to do with Build phases. Although rare, it can be annoying when a Build phase has to wait when the only people with actions can't build because their National Centres are all full or are not owned by them. We are adding a check now to see if there are any players who COULD build. If there aren't, then the phase will move immediately on. This is particularly important for Shift games like we are going to have on April Fools Day, because NO-ONE owns their national centres, so it will be some phases before a proper Build phase is needed! But it does happen in other games, particularly when there are surrendered countries.
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (956)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Changes to finalize and to Build phases

Postby StarkAdder » 23 Mar 2017, 14:45

Great innovations, especially the latter! It can be frustrating when everyone still engaged in a game has finalized and we wait for the surrendered/uninterested remainder to move the game onward....
StarkAdder
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1292
All-game rating: 1233
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby The SHIV » 23 Mar 2017, 15:36

Awesome....cheers!

The Shiv
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's an Admirals Cheesehead! Go Pack!
The SHIV
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1207
All-game rating: 1327
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Icarus » 04 May 2017, 14:30

Is the build check happening?

I ask because I had 4 builds in a Versaille game :D all for my major and though my minor's supply base was empty could only build 3. Move went thge full24hrs but someone else may not have finalized.
Icarus
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1042
All-game rating: 915

Postby asudevil » 04 May 2017, 14:46

Icarus wrote:Is the build check happening?

I ask because I had 4 builds in a Versaille game :D all for my major and though my minor's supply base was empty could only build 3. Move went thge full24hrs but someone else may not have finalized.

Was anyone else able to build...did you finalize?

Cause the check is if they are all full at the beginning of the phase...not if you have more than you can build. So your situation wouldn't be affected by this check at all.

Side note...I know it was active in my shift games last month
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.

Walking Dead Mafia now in signups here

Want to play fantasy football next season sign up here
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1343
All-game rating: 1518
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby super_dipsy » 04 May 2017, 17:23

Icarus wrote:Is the build check happening?

Yes, I think you may have misunderstood.

What the change does is fairly minimal. It only covers the case where the only people who COULD build do not have any free build locations. In other words, it is simply a question of whether to skip the entire Build phase or not. Once a build phase starts (because at least one player had a possible build) then it is just like a normal phase and needs everyone with actions to finalize.
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (956)

Return to Developments