Convoying another countries army?

Question about the rules of the game? Experienced Diplomacy veterans will help you! There is also a Common Questions section.
Forum rules
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
3. Questions should only request rules be clarified and not request advice about how to resolve a situation.
4. When answering a question, members should restrict themselves to answering the question and not give advice on how to get around the situation.
Posts which break these rules will be subject to editing or removal; see here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=42845

Convoying another countries army?

Postby flare2000x » 20 Mar 2017, 02:03

Hi!

New player here, me and another new player are teaming up in a game and are wondering if one country can use a fleet to convoy the army of another country. Could someone confirm whether or not this is allowed?

Flare
flare2000x

Class: Diplomat
Rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Convoying another countries army?

Postby Phintz » 20 Mar 2017, 02:13

Flare,

Yes. It is allowed. All fleets involved simply write the convoy order 'Fleet convoy army from [origin] to [destination]'.
As long as the chain is not broken, and each side submitted the order correctly, it doesn't matter who owns the units involved for convoys.

-Phintz
Phintz
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Rating: 1109
Timezone: GMT

Postby asudevil » 20 Mar 2017, 03:24

And the army has to order to the land space its going...so like A LON - NA...F ENC convoy A LON-NA and A MAO convoy A LON-NA
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.

Walking Dead Mafia now in signups here

Want to play fantasy football next season sign up here
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Rating: 1536
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Zosimus » 20 Mar 2017, 13:43

Not entirely correct. You must ensure that when you order the army to its destination that it specifically says by convoy. This is not necessary when you're convoying your own units, but it is necessary when another power is convoying you.
Be more aggressive.
Zosimus
Premium Member

Rating: 1963
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby asudevil » 20 Mar 2017, 14:08

Zosimus wrote:Not entirely correct. You must ensure that when you order the army to its destination that it specifically says by convoy. This is not necessary when you're convoying your own units, but it is necessary when another power is convoying you.

I think that's only necessary if you are going adjacent. So that you can't get convoyed against your will. But if you are going to NA from LON...obviously a convoy is in play
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.

Walking Dead Mafia now in signups here

Want to play fantasy football next season sign up here
asudevil
Premium Member

Rating: 1536
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby WHSeward » 20 Mar 2017, 18:06

To reiterate and reaffirm asu's point, the via convoy option (as opposed to via land route) is
ONLY applicable for adjacent province convoys (that is, using a convoy when an army could have move their directly)
AND the convoy is provided by a foreign fleet

In any other circumstance, the via convoy/land route has no effect at all.
"As a general truth, communities prosper and flourish, or droop and decline, in just the degree that they practice or neglect to practice the primary duties of justice and humanity." WHS

A member of the Classicists.

Ask me about mentor games. Send me a PM or post in the Mentoring forum.
WHSeward
Premium Member

Rating: 1835
Timezone: GMT-8

Return to Rules Questions