Account suspension

Rules for using the site and playing on site.

Account suspension

Postby Zamiokulsk » 23 Jul 2014, 14:20

Hello,

so my account was disabled due to meta gaming with another player. Though there may be something that I didn't get in the rules so I want to know exactly what was wrong in what we did.
There where 2 games in which we were playing together. In the first named lolpennies, we had to face a premade Russia/Turkey (when you look at the orders it's obvious they are cheating ; Turkey offering free centers to Russia ..) so yeah we had to ally to face them ... And the second named ptdrmarie has quite the same scenario ; We are playing Italy and France, and Germany/England publicly say they will be allied in this game. So what is wron in allying against them ?
And why disable our accounts on the base of 2 games ? (especially when you see the first game with Russia/Turkey that is just ridiculous when you see how Turkey puts all his armies in the west while Russia takes Constantinople)

I hope someone will at least discuss this hurried decision.

Regards.
Zamiokulsk

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Account suspension

Postby Zamiokulsk » 23 Jul 2014, 14:31

However, I just figured out that I broke one rule ; I said in the game chat that i reported Turkey and Russia, I wanted to do it, but I abandonned when I saw how complicated it was to make someone banned. Apparently i was wrong.
However I understood which rules I have broken, and won't do it again if you unban me.
Zamiokulsk

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby jonisilk » 23 Jul 2014, 15:31

This is better sent in a PM to the moderator who banned you, than posted here.

I've seen some very unusual open moves and alliances in my time that have fooled me. Ive seen Italy move on Austria in year one, which later turned out to be at Austria's request and formed the basis of a game winning alliance (well, a 3-way draw with myself).

Just because a move is unusual to say the least, doesn't necessarily mean that something fishy is going on and if you have doubts, then ask a mod to take a look at it and explain your reasons for thinking there might be something amiss.

I will say - and you have witnessed for yourself now - that they are quite diligent in spotting where transgressions have been made. Whether they were honestly unintentional or clear violations, they tend to be pretty on the ball.
The enemies of my enemies are not necessarily my friend, but they may still be useful.

Member of the Classicists.
jonisilk

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1312)
All-game rating: (1427)

Postby rick.leeds » 23 Jul 2014, 16:52

I am surprised you don't know why you were banned. I sent that information in the email explaining the decision.

I am not going to repeat that here. I posted in the thread in Cheaters.

What I will say before locking this thread - this isn't the place to discuss it - is that if you are saying you don't know what you did wrong, then you haven't read the email I sent and you haven't read the above-linked Cheaters thread. So there is no way you can commit to not breaking those rules again. Reply by email or in the correct thread when you've read them.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)

Return to Site Rules