Full List of Rules/Guidelines for the Site.

Rules for playing on and using the site.
Forum rules
This section of the Forum is for the Site's rules.
If you have a question about how to play the game, please post in the RULES section of the Forum, not here. The site's rules for standard Dip do not substantially differ from published rules.

Full List of Rules/Guidelines for the Site.

Postby rick.leeds » 29 Aug 2012, 18:18

We have been asked to collate together this list. Rather than copying/moving everything into one place, it seemed sensible to collect links to them in one place (if only because any changes don't have to be made in separate threads). Below, then, are the links. If I missed anything, please let me know.

First, Rules of Diplomacy can be found under the RULES tab.
Off-site link to the official published Rules is HERE. These were published in 2000. A later edition exists but it doesn't change the rules at all (and uses much more data): off-site link HERE.
Rules for Variants can be found within this sub-forum.

The following are the site's rules for playing on site NOT rules of the game:

Rules for using PlayDiplomacy.com are found here.
House Rules, defining what is and what is not allowed when playing on the games site, are found here.
Site Rules for Playing Games on the Forum: Rules governing Forum Games and Other Forum Games (with links to specific rules for those forums).
Anonymous game advertising/Needing a substitute: Guidelines on how to advertise an anonymous game or find a substitute player in your game if you are going to be away for a short time.

Some forums have specific rules which are posted within the forum. To view these, simply open the links:
GAMES
BUGS
CHEATERS
STRATEGY
RULES
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Full List of Rules/Guidelines for the Site.

Postby TheCraw » 29 Aug 2012, 18:24

I think it would also be helpful for those people experiencing problems and/or suspecting someone of cheating to know the rules/Guidelines for making a post about it:
So, you think you have a "Bug"?
So, you think someone is Cheating?
Account closed.
TheCraw

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (935)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Full List of Rules/Guidelines for the Site.

Postby jayahr » 29 Aug 2012, 19:39

It might be good to start the list with a link to the official dip rules. We keep seeing questions posted by new players that are basic enough that it seems they have not fully read the game rules, or find it inconvenient to look up an answer.
... I'm all outa gum.
jayahr

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1052)
All-game rating: (1608)
Timezone: GMT-8

Return to Rules for Fair Play and Fair Use